Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pic of the day,the east stand

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Anyone know why there is a swimming pool in the AMEX?

According to the club it's a Jehovas birthing pool or something...or should that be baptism pool :shrug:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I notice the concrete terracing doesn't go all the way to the top of the stand and there's a gap at the back. Will this get filled in or is it going to remain open? If so, it will be very drafty in the back rows.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
So glad I got a Season Ticket in the East Upper. The view is going to be immense. Plus the queue's should be less in that concourse with 8 tills instead of the usual 6 in other concourses.
Just hope the singing will match the efforts of the West Upper...

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I notice the concrete terracing doesn't go all the way to the top of the stand and there's a gap at the back. Will this get filled in or is it going to remain open? If so, it will be very drafty in the back rows.

I may be totaly wrong here but that draught really does help with the condition of the pitch as it allows air to flow around modern stadia with their closed in roofs. I read that when Arsenals ground was being built and they are very fussy about their pitch the Emirates is very open at the back of the stands. Some sort of automatic shutters on match days may help.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

i imagine there is either a gap because

a) it isn't finished yet

or

b) they havent yet put in the rear wall.

I believe A to be the correct answer, there is still more terracing to be put in.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
So glad I got a Season Ticket in the East Upper. The view is going to be immense. Plus the queue's should be less in that concourse with 8 tills instead of the usual 6 in other concourses.
Just hope the singing will match the efforts of the West Upper...

i shouldnt worry too much about matching the WSU, you could match that on your own. heard more noise from a morgue.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I may be totaly wrong here but that draught really does help with the condition of the pitch as it allows air to flow around modern stadia with their closed in roofs. I read that when Arsenals ground was being built and they are very fussy about their pitch the Emirates is very open at the back of the stands. Some sort of automatic shutters on match days may help.

The difference with the emirates is that it is almost twice the size of the Amex, so we may not have the same air flow problems that you get accompanying a 60,000 seater stadium

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
So it will have eight tills then ,I hope they have eight toilets as well then perhaps we could also use them in the lower as the loo situation is pretty shit ( scuse the pun ) .

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Brilliant but still looks like soooo much work left though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here