Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Alliss

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Saw him two weeks ago at Old Thorns in Liphook, looking rather weary on his feet. Came across as a nice chap

D

Deleted member 2719

Saw him two weeks ago at Old Thorns in Liphook, looking rather weary on his feet. Came across as a nice chap

I have met him once, my fathers met him loads of times and generally he is miserable, you must have got him on a good day!

What's Old thorns like after all the rain? Last time i played it my ball floated across the green into the hole!

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
On another golf related subject, nothing really to do with PA. I reckon Ross Fisher for the Open. Coming into form and has the game for it. 80-1 on Betfair with 17-1 a top 5 finish.

TNBA

TTF

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Had the pleasure of meeting him and his wife on numerous occasions when I owned the pub in Sedlescombe near Battle. He is great friends with the owner of the hotel opposite the pub and used to come in for a few drinks and lunch. A very charming couple who would engage with the locals for many a hour. Is as genuine a chap as he comes over on the tv.

Met him at the golf course near battle about 6 weeks ago. Top bloke. Collected a new power wheelchair for my boy. His charities have over the years donated about 450 power wheelchairs and at about £5k a pop, he reallly makes a difference to disabled kids lives. Really nice fella.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Met him at the golf course near battle about 6 weeks ago. Top bloke. Collected a new power wheelchair for my boy. His charities have over the years donated about 450 power wheelchairs and at about £5k a pop, he reallly makes a difference to disabled kids lives. Really nice fella.

That's when I've met him when he's done here to play in the tournament for his charity. The owner of the Brick Wall Hotel in Sedlescombe has supported the cause for many years.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Sorry to be a bit vauge on this, maybe someone can put some meat on the bones. Wanted to mention a great piece of Allis commentary when he actually said nothing at all. Open championship, Italian golfer, needed to get down in 2 from off the green to force a play off, totally duffs it, second shot chips onto the green rolls about thirty yards and in the hole, crowd goes wild, player is face down on the grass beating the ground and Alliss says nothing, allowing you to realise that you have just witnessed one of the greatest moments in open history, most other commentators would have creamed themselves. Anyone remember this, i will find the golfers name. Met Aliss many times as i used to put the temporary phone lines in at wentworth for PGA and World Matchplay, very nice and pleasant chap but miserable which was part if his charm.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I have met him once, my fathers met him loads of times and generally he is miserable, you must have got him on a good day!

What's Old thorns like after all the rain? Last time i played it my ball floated across the green into the hole!

It's been pissing down in Portsmouth just down the road so i'm not sure that "after the rain" has quite arrived yet.

Played in Portsmouth on Thursday and every green was saturated. Just made every putt a gimme and had a great round!

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing

24 of us went there for our annual golf beano staying for the weekend, playing 3 rounds Fri, Sat & Sunday. All 24 agreed that the course was in superb condition. It was fantastic to play.

We were very lucky in the respect that the club championship was played on the Sunday morning, with Peter Allis prize giving.

Peter Allis' son was playing in the champ, he also designed the course, and has a building named after him there,

So in my mind, that course will never have been in better condition, because of him being there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here