Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our ten top Amex Premier League matches ?

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I quite enjoyed all mentioned but one I’ve not seen mentioned was the 2-1 last minute winner against Liverpool Mitoma wonder goal.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Most of the ones already mentioned, but a shout out for the 4-0 against the 'appy 'ammers.

EDIT @Easy 10 got there before me!

The 3-2 against City must surely be on everyone's list, esp after being 2-0 down - but the 1-1 game with Enciso's cracker was superb entertainment. It shoulda been that season's FA Cup final.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The drubbing of Wolves two seasons ago. Was it 5-0? But the quality of the goals was exceptional.
6! That was such an enjoyable game. One of the few Albion games I've been able to just sit back and enjoy without the worries and angst :lolol:

We've had two fantastic ones already this season and the Leicester 5-2 does stick out, but the 3-0 over Liverpool is number one for me. It 'hits different' when it's under the lights as well.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Since the original question specified Premier League games ...

1. 4-1 v Chelsea
2. 4-0 v Manchester United
3. 4-1 v Palace
4. 3-2 v Man City
5. 6-0 v Wolves
6. 3-1 v Palace with ten men
7. 1-0 v Man Utd
8. 3-0 v Liverpool
9. 3-1 v West Brom
10. 4-2 v Tottenham

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
1 0 v Utd Mac Allister pen
1 1 city Enciso - first half was 2 teams going hammer and tongs
Dont know what my top 10 would be but I loved these 2. The united one for what it meant in getting into Europe, and the City game because it was just pure sexy football. In the city game, I know we still needed a point, but we had basically qualified for Europe and so it felt like the pressure was off and both teams could just play some amazing football. Two teams with players full of confidence.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The 3-0 demolition of Liverpool was probably the best game I've ever seen us play, ever.

Lots have come close, but that, for me, was almost perfection.
I agree. I took my nephew (Liverpool fan) to that game. He was in shock afterwards! I had to buy him a football at the club shop because I thought he was going to start crying!

The 3-0 score line only hints at how dominant we were against them for 90mins across the whole pitch.

Peak Lallana, peak March, peak Mitoma and peak Ferguson, peak Mac Allister with the likes of Dunk, Groß, Colwill and Caicedo putting in brilliant performances. When you think of the 5 players who have now left from that list, you can see why we had to spend £200m this summer to try and get back to that level.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Haven't seen it mentioned, but the 3-0 home to Spurs is in there for me. Connolly at the double. I still think his second was a thing of beauty. First real smashing of one of the "Big Six" and the first real sign of the style of football that was to come under Potter and beyond.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Genuinely staggered some don’t have the 4-1 vs Palace in there

The moment when the third goal went in for two in about 90 seconds was incredible
Yup - that 90 seconds was transcendent.

Almost laughing with joy as the second goal in 90 seconds went in - mild delirium from being so happy.

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The 3-1 against the Baggies.

Not so much because it was our first PL win, but, because it was Pascal Gross, our best ever signing, showing just how good he was/is.

I still believe without him we would have been relegated that season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here