Oldham 1-1 Brighton - Oldham 0-2 Referee

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: Re: Oldham 1-1 Brighton - Oldham 0-2 Referee

RockyLatic said:

nevermind, our pick n mix team will do o.k:clap:

I hope so Rocky. We need you to take some points off some of the other teams.:clap:

It would be a slightly hollow victory if everyone beats you. Hopefully that is not the case!:thumbsup:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
You wanted Turkey's opinion?

A text message I have had back from him -

'Oldham did nothing to suggest they could have won'

midlandseagull

Jul 7, 2003
bewdley
fair play....if I was a Latics fan I'd have been pissed off. I don't think the penalty was wrong, just unlucky. But Roberts definitely tested his luck and on another day could have been sent off.
Still we took our chances and if they had done the same it would likely have been 3-3.:glare:

RockyLatic

Aug 6, 2003
Glorious North (I think)
it was never a corner before the penalty so it would never have been a penalty that's what were trying to stress.

IMO the ref gifted two goals to you but hey that's football and we wouldnt love it so much if everything in the game went rosie!

this is what make's football.

more positive's on a latics point than negative's, some very good young players coming through our ranks, had 7 under 18's playing today according to dowie:clap: :clap:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Rocky you have your gripes agreed.But you did absolutely F**k all to win the game.We were by far the better team and deserved to win.
Yes the ref was crap and did seem biased against you.

Reeves_for_England

Aug 3, 2003
Look. As I said on another thread, we created as many (if not more) chances as you, so by your thinking, you didn't do enough to win the game.

P.S. What were your thoughts on our claim for a penalty (i.e. when one of your defenders dived and tipped it over the bar)? (this is a genuine question and not a piss take)

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Reeves_for_England said:
Look. As I said on another thread, we created as many (if not more) chances as you, so by your thinking, you didn't do enough to win the game.

P.S. What were your thoughts on our claim for a penalty (i.e. when one of your defenders dived and tipped it over the bar)? (this is a genuine question and not a piss take)

That was from the free kick ? from our end I could not see what it hit I did see all your fans and players go up and wandered what happened but I have to do a Wenger and say I didn't see the incident.

Reeves_for_England

Aug 3, 2003
Fair enough. It was at the opposite end of the ground to you. To be fair to the ref too, his view may have been obscured. However, the eagle eyed linesman who was only too keen to wave his flag earlier has no excuse.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
The Chaddy End may have sounded like it outsung us from within the Chaddy End, but in our end it sounded like we outsung you by far. We only heard you a handfull of times over ourselves. I guess we need a roving reporter on the halfway line... :lol:

Reeves_for_England

Aug 3, 2003
I was on the half way line and I'd say that we won the battle of the singing slightly. I honestly mean that, because I don't normally like to stick up for some of the brainless muppets in the Chaddy End. Today, however was a good atmsophere from both sets of fans. Let's just keave it there ;)

Sigull

'Arte et Marte'
Jul 16, 2003
Bracklesham Bay
No one mentioned the home advantage you had, so your performance was well below that which was required to beat the Albion irrespective of any dubious refereeing. so... until the next time:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Reeves_for_England

Aug 3, 2003
Yes, but the home advantage was countered by the fact that we were missing David Eyres, Dave Beharall, Dean Holden, Michael Clegg (the last three all defenders), Matty Appleby and Ernie Cooksey through injury (and latterly suspension), as well as having Chris Killen and Will Haining taken to hospital during today's game.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that when you have a squad of less than 15 pros, these things can be a bit of a problem.

Still, I was proud of the way that our team of youth teamers and triallists played today.

RockyLatic

Aug 6, 2003
Glorious North (I think)
Cheshire Dolphin said:
The Chaddy End may have sounded like it outsung us from within the Chaddy End, but in our end it sounded like we outsung you by far. We only heard you a handfull of times over ourselves. I guess we need a roving reporter on the halfway line... :lol:
I was sat in the lower tier to the right of you, 2nd block roasting my backside off and overall the chaddy sang none stop.

think you were taking in breathes or being very shocked at the thought of being the first set of supporters to come to Boundary Park and not moan about how cold it was:lolol: :lolol:

Reeves_for_England

Aug 3, 2003
Of course I don't want a bloody wager ;) My posts on here are merely trying to explain the full circumstances before and during today's game.

RockyLatic

Aug 6, 2003
Glorious North (I think)
the right footed denilson said:
your support was shit i thought.
I'm really having doubts you went considering every other brighton fan who went today has commented on how loud we were considering the weather (not many people sing when weathers this hot), and normally home crowds are very quiet.

Not today:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

good atmosphere today i thought, better than it'll be against alot of teams this season:clap: :clap:

ZIGGA ZAGGA ZIGGA ZAGGA ATHLETIC
ZIGGA ZAGGA ZIGGA ZAGGA ATHLETIC
1 2 3 4 LISTEN TO THE PADDOCK ROAR
:clap: :clap: ,:clap: :clap: :clap: ,:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
WE LOVE YOU OLDHAM WE DO

(supposed to be chaddy roar but doesnt sound right sat in the paddock):clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
To be fair I did hear some good singing from the Oldham fans

All together now 1 banana :banana:

RockyLatic

Aug 6, 2003
Glorious North (I think)
I didnt hear no banana songs but saw one too many banana inflatable's

better than sheep one's I suppose:jester:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Did you see up the top of the stand behind the goal a clustered group of people with banana's and balloons?

:banana:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here