Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Old Albion chants

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
On the radio just now, Mr Kay, he played Depeche Mode, just can’t get enough

we had a chant I think it was at withers based on this song.

its driving me bonkers as I can’t remember the player.

it finished of….and I just can’t seem. to get enough of……da da da da da daaaa daaa …someone someone.

i would contact the Scott mills show and ask his ” detectives” but it’s quite niche

any old feckers remember?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
At some stage, the fast-paced "albion albion albion" [x10] of the north stand at the Goldstone was replaced by the current, deary, slow-paced "aaal-beee-eurgghn, aaal-beee-eurgghn" drudge. How, when and why did that happen?
Not sure when but "How?" is the main people who start chants chose to do it, and "Why?" is because Liverpool did it and we have always been massive plagiarists.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
As far as I know we are one of very few adopters. Plymouth perhaps being another? Teams who stuck with the better "Here We Go" tune include West Brom, Wolves, Leeds, Arsenal, Everton (notably), Newcastle... not sure why we had to change - recent revival attempts are welcome

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
At some stage, the fast-paced "albion albion albion" [x10] of the north stand at the Goldstone was replaced by the current, deary, slow-paced "aaal-beee-eurgghn, aaal-beee-eurgghn" drudge. How, when and why did that happen?
The words are easier to remember, so it caught on?

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
It was x 11 the way I sang it😊

Tbf I don’t mind the modern version - the simpler the chant the more people sing it

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Fast-paced version much better or it will be until we sing it so fast you can't fit a breath in.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
For some reason I was reminscing (with myself) about Richie Barker songs yesterday.

The two I remember are "Barker the Bear" (Rupert the Bear style) and "Oo ah, Richie Bar-kar" (French national anthem/Eric Cantona style). Seem to remember that one generating a polite ripple of applause one quiet day at Priestfield.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Our current chant repertoire consists of Albion Albion and GOSBTS sung so fast it’s over in a flash just in time for another round of Albion Albion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here