Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o/t things you LOVE about the football/championship manager series (all versions)

Oct 25, 2003
1. when a player scores and runs into the OTHER TEAMS dugout to celebrate....imagine if that actually happened?

2. when a player scores and runs off to celebrate in the corner, followed by no-one, all his team mates are casually strolling back to their half

3. when in old versions some cheeky developers would put THEMSELVES in the game and make themselves f***ing amazing (ie to madeira)

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Re-gens in 97/98 waiting for George Weah and Paola Mandini to retire and come back as young superstars in the making.

Oct 25, 2003
there was one version where you could get world class players to sign for you at even league 1/div 2 level in the year or so before they retired, for free and on fairly low wages

i remember managing someone shit like burnley and building a team around ronaldo and shevchenko upfront, with denilson and zambrotta rampaging up the wings against bemused league 1 defenders

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Freddy Adu what happened to him, he was going to be the next superstar at one point.

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
there was one version where you could get world class players to sign for you at even league 1/div 2 level in the year or so before they retired, for free and on fairly low wages

i remember managing someone shit like burnley and building a team around ronaldo and shevchenko upfront, with denilson and zambrotta rampaging up the wings against bemused league 1 defenders

That was 2001-2002 I think - I had Alan Smith of nearly 100 England gaps and 50 goal fame banging them in when he reached the age of 38 at Division Two level

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
For me it's the little things the makers put in as a joke, for example funny player personalities for the new generation players.

I once had one called 'cluck cluck', which then described him as: 'addicted to a certain brand of grilled chicken and peri peri chips. If XXXXXX is not fed with this meal at least twice a day then 'The Rage' can quickly descend on his shoulders and nobody leaves the football pitch in one piece.'

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
CM2 (95/96?) when you could play 2-4-4 all-out-attack in the first half, go in with a 4-0 lead and switch to defensive in the second half, coasting to victory.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

You can still do that - I've currently got Almunia and Joe Cole playing in League One for £500 a month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here