Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Plumbing Question

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Just off Brixton Hill yesterday, £8.48 for 1hr.. And it's a deal breaker if i cant park close by.. had 3 attempts to break into van; i'm parking in line of sight or not coming..
If you are there for a day it often works out cheaper to park in the residents bay and take the ticket. Madness really why can’t tradesman pay a set fee a year and be able to park in residents bays. I would happily pay £400 a year.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Just off Brixton Hill yesterday, £8.48 for 1hr.. And it's a deal breaker if i cant park close by.. had 3 attempts to break into van; i'm parking in line of sight or not coming..
Must be a nightmare for trades in the London area worrying about vans getting done, I follow stolen tools uk on instagram and see some horrible photos of ruined vans and what has been stolen.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If you are there for a day it often works out cheaper to park in the residents bay and take the ticket. Madness really why can’t tradesman pay a set fee a year and be able to park in residents bays. I would happily pay £400 a year.

Why don’t the boroughs/Khan create that for tradespeople?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Does any tradesman here know the answer to my shower problem? :lol:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Traders permit in Brighton for an old van £1500

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Does any tradesman here know the answer to my shower problem? :lol:
I don’t think Mira’s are what they were, they are struggling to compete with triton prices and the quality has reduced in my view. If it’s a straight swap model for model it’s easily one hours work I’ve done them in half hr before especially if it’s a grungy tenant with a mouldy shower tray🤣

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I don’t think Mira’s are what they were, they are struggling to compete with triton prices and the quality has reduced in my view. If it’s a straight swap model for model it’s easily one hours work I’ve done them in half hr before especially if it’s a grungy tenant with a mouldy shower tray🤣
Would you mind taking a look at my photo and most recent post in the other thread and giving me your thoughts? Very much appreciated

Rowdey

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Most of my work is repairing/servicing boilers, so hopping from job to job in different CPZ's..
My brother works in Brighton doing similar, and B+H do a city wide permit which is perfect - the council has more money upfront, less paperwork during year, and can plan accordingly. Wandsworth and Lambeth though i was bonkers when i suggested it to them years ago..
Excluding my own permit (£475), i've spent over £700 on parking this financial year so far..

Rowdey

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Must be a nightmare for trades in the London area worrying about vans getting done, I follow stolen tools uk on instagram and see some horrible photos of ruined vans and what has been stolen.
And that £8.48 was just to go see a job.. haven't even got it yet.. But will be added to bill if i do..

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Sounds like it is letting by, you don't usually have to change the whole flush mechanism, just the large rubber washer at the bottom.
Replace the existing worn one with a new one and slot the mechanism back in again.
Cheap fix.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sounds like it is letting by, you don't usually have to change the whole flush mechanism, just the large rubber washer at the bottom.
Replace the existing worn one with a new one and slot the mechanism back in again.
Cheap fix.
If you can get the correct washer.
Plumbers merchant - “ We don’t do those mate”
Screwfix etc - Only sell flush valve seals for the most common valve (Fluidmaster)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The flush valve (part in the middle) has worn out…the seal has come to the end of it’s life and is letting water into the pan.
The valve in your photo looks very old.

If you turn off your water but don’t flush the toilet the cistern will slowly empty, this will confirm the above.

Unfortunately some not very clever person has buried the other end of the flexible connector to your cistern.
I turned the water off overnight and it was pretty much the same level. I've put it back on. The ghost flushing hasn't started again yet. But it will ! Plumber due in today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here