Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NOW will you sing Stevie Coppell's Blue and White army??

Sigull

'Arte et Marte'
Jul 16, 2003
Bracklesham Bay
Football Genius aka FG said:
NEVER there are far too many hypocrites - once a P@l@rse B@stard always a P@l@rse B@stard.

Hey FG thats a bit harsh considering what he's done for us

Are you bi-focal or vari-focal :nono:

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sing it with pride.

Mind you, I never sang the VD song when he was at Palace - I thought he was a good manager then and think that he's a great manager now.

I still find it hard to believe that Dick didn't offer him a contract last summer.... but I find it harder to believe that there are people on this board who still have no respect for him.

If we can hang on to him, he's going to be the manager that takes us to the Premiership.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If Taylor hadn't bottled Division 1 we'd still be in Division 1. Although we wouldn't have Sir Steve. :bounce:

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Football Genius aka FG said:
NEVER there are far too many hypocrites - once a P@l@rse B@stard always a P@l@rse B@stard.

It's not hypocritical at all - He WAS Palace (past tense).
He IS Brighton (Present tense). I hate everything about Palace but now Coppell has nothing to do with Palace whatsoever. (As Harty said he did his learning at Palace before joining a proper club)

Coppell was the most important signing this year and Dick Knight should be given credit. Yes it was Coppell who landed LK but if Dick Knight hadn't got Coppell LK wouldn't have given us a second thought.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
Gwylan said:
I still find it hard to believe that Dick didn't offer him a contract last summer.... but I find it harder to believe that there are people on this board who still have no respect for him.

If we can hang on to him, he's going to be the manager that takes us to the Premiership. [/B]

I can't believe either that there are still Albion fans that haven't taken SC to their heart - mind you, it's symptomatic of the bigotry that occasionally crops up on other topics on this site. Agree with Gwylan that SC will take us to the Premiership if he's still around when we get Falmer.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
Oh yeah, I nearly forgot too.

"STEVIE COPPELLS BLUE AND WHITE ARMY"

Have been singing it by myself here in Vienna since he arrived at the club. Must get my sons to join in.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
tricky said:
I sang "stevie Coppell's blue and white army " at the QPR game in D block and no one joined in - everyone sat on their hands muttering that it just didn't sound right.

That's because it doesn't. Hating Palace isn't just for boxing day, it's for life.

Coppell's doing a grand job but the fact is he's a Palace legend.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Wienergull said:
I can't believe either that there are still Albion fans that haven't taken SC to their heart - mind you, it's symptomatic of the bigotry that occasionally crops up on other topics on this site. Agree with Gwylan that SC will take us to the Premiership if he's still around when we get Falmer.

What, we aren't allowed to be bigoted against all things Palace anymore? Blimey.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's your duty to be bigoted against everything Palace

However, Stevie's Brighton

Keep up

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Willow said:
That's because it doesn't. Hating Palace isn't just for boxing day, it's for life.

Coppell's doing a grand job but the fact is he's a Palace legend.

So the best scenario would be for him to walk away so you could be proved right :shootself

I love this board, the diversity of opinions and feelings and we are
all sure we're right. Except Dwayne, that is, who knows he is :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here