Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
my son will be gutted....

552630_10151129111165746_1478336696_n.jpg

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Like others have said, I'll be happy with the deal if we bring someone in. I love watching Noone skip past players but there is usually no end product. Wish him luck though just hopefully not against us :smile::albion2:

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
hopefully theres a 'albion have sold fan favorite noone, but have brought in this superstar striker chappie instead to cushion the blw. plus all ST holders get a free pie'

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I find this whole thing very difficult. I love Craig Noone, he is the most exciting player I have ever seen play for Brighton in terms of picking up the ball and dribbling past everyone. The excitement when he gets involved is unmatched by anyone else. I love Buckley, and I love LuaLua but Noone is different. As a player, I love him. As a person, he seems like an absolute gentleman and a thoroughly decent and funny bloke. In our system though, I don't think he is the perfect player for our team the way we play. Put him in a team who get the ball out wide early and who get crosses into the box and he will thrive. That isn't us, and I don't think it ever will be and therefore, if we can sell him for over £1million, we have done a good bit of business. Like the Steve Cook sale, a shame because he's a good player, but good business by the club.

We want a new striker, and we can't seem to shift the players we don't want so maybe sacrificing Noone will free up the funds we need to get one.

In summary, good deal for the club from a business perspective but a shame to lose such a popular player. Nooney will always be a legend in my eyes.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Noone played 70 odd minutes at least against Barnsley, and had a good game.

Lua Lua played 20 odd minutes, and had a good game. I can remember FAR more goalscoring oppurtunities and dangerous deliveries in Lua Lua's brief stint than the whole game for Noone. Lua Lua terrorises defenders, and has a far better final ball IMO. Buckley is a class above too.

Noone's a great player, but i'd happily sell at £1.5m and put most towards a striker.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
on sky sports news on tv they sed both teams yet to agree fee
Eh? That's a rather crucial part of the sale is it not? If he's had a medical and agreed personal terms, I suggest a fee has been agreed.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Anyone know if Plymouth had a sell on clause? Can imagine they would as we got it for pretty cheap.

Yes, they did have a sell on clause but if I remember rightly, we paid a lot of the initial fee up front in exchange for a lower percentage sell on clause. I might be wrong, but I seem to remember a Plymouth fan who spoke with an air of someone who knew what he was talking about saying that, and I seem to remember he was someone worth listening to.

This is obviously great business if we get £2m for him, but that still feels flat to me as he seemed to be a great personality to have in the squad. Sometimes heart and soul feels more important...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Eh? That's a rather crucial part of the sale is it not? If he's had a medical and agreed personal terms, I suggest a fee has been agreed.

Not neccessarily, but it does mean that we've agreed the basics enough for him to do what he needs to. There was an agent on SSN in the last window who said that the fee was often last to be agreed, when the clubs agree to do business the player goes for his medical and sorts out his terms before the deal is done between the clubs. He said it depends on the clubs too, and I don't see us having problems with Cardiff and I'm sure there's an understanding of the type of fee required.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
SSN is full of bull.

According to them, Noone "has established himself as one of the best players in the Championship".

He's good, but come on...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yes, they did have a sell on clause but if I remember rightly, we paid a lot of the initial fee up front in exchange for a lower percentage sell on clause. I might be wrong, but I seem to remember a Plymouth fan who spoke with an air of someone who knew what he was talking about saying that, and I seem to remember he was someone worth listening to.
I've just had a quick look on P@soti, and it appears that Plymouth didn't agree a sell on clause. Silly sausages.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Great bit of business. We've already got a replacement and it releases funds for a striker.

Every now and then you make a sale that makes perfect sense to all parties involved.

Good luck Nooney.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
noone is better then lua lua and will Buckley be fit

Not very true at all, Noone had the occasional mazy run, but tried to do far to much and lost the ball, LuaLua on the other hand doesn't so regular and has better final ball. Did more in his time on sat than Noone did whole game.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I find this whole thing very difficult. I love Craig Noone, he is the most exciting player I have ever seen play for Brighton in terms of picking up the ball and dribbling past everyone. The excitement when he gets involved is unmatched by anyone else. I love Buckley, and I love LuaLua but Noone is different. As a player, I love him. As a person, he seems like an absolute gentleman and a thoroughly decent and funny bloke. In our system though, I don't think he is the perfect player for our team the way we play. Put him in a team who get the ball out wide early and who get crosses into the box and he will thrive. That isn't us, and I don't think it ever will be and therefore, if we can sell him for over £1million, we have done a good bit of business. Like the Steve Cook sale, a shame because he's a good player, but good business by the club.

We want a new striker, and we can't seem to shift the players we don't want so maybe sacrificing Noone will free up the funds we need to get one.

In summary, good deal for the club from a business perspective but a shame to lose such a popular player. Nooney will always be a legend in my eyes.

Agree he is a popular player and his runs are entertaining but surely when Buckley, Lua Lua and Vicente get the ball there is a greater air of expectation?

noone is better then lua lua and will Buckley be fit

I think some people get excited by his jinking runs and then forget that his final ball is usually inadequate. He had several shots the other day when he cut in from the wing and I think only one was on target and that was tamely hit. Lua Lua is might not do the mazey runs but he is more effective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here