Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

no england thread then?!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
"It's a draw that's tarnished by a red card for Rooney"

Isn't it a draw that's tarnished by the fact it's against Montenegro and we were 2-0 up after 30mins?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well deserved for Montenegro

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Rooney ban will be longer than 1game it was violent conduct.

seagulls

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Montenegro have gone from 172nd to 26th in 4 years in the FIFA rankings - at least they are doing something right.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Rooney ban will be longer than 1game it was violent conduct.

seagulls

The commentators explained that unlike in England, UEFA don't have set punishments for red cards, each is taken on it's own. Personally, I think this should be more than one match, it wasn't an overly robust challenge, it wasn't 'denying a gal scoring opportunity' it was a petulant lashing out. He kicked the guy, with no, or very very, little provocation.

They should give more than one match, but the doubt I have comes from governing bodies like uefa and fifa like to protect the big boys who will bring in commercial money and sponsorships and so on, so might be more lenient with a name player such as Rooney.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I am so glad I didn't bet on England tonight because I'd be fuming at not getting the win with them 2-0 up and a needless sending-off for violent conduct. I really can't bring myself to watch them. Enjoyed watching Spain play some brilliant football against the Czech Republic on ITV4.

Delighted for Wales though. Great result against the Swiss. They've got a bright future if they can bring through some more good youngsters alongside Aaron Ramsey and Gareth Bale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here