Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Brexit on the way, four more years of Boris, it's such fun seeing the muppets on here constantly crying and turning almost every thread into a political one, whilst knowing there's f*** all they can do about it. Pillocks without a mind of their own that believe everything they see on the BBC, Channel 4 and in The Guardian. Brexit is bad, Boris is bad, patriotism is bad, England and English culture is bad. Turkeys voting for Christmas. Thank God this board is no reflection of the UK in general. Thank God for Nigel.

A couple of things:

1) A thread about Nigel Farage is already a political one – he is (well, was) a politician. How can it be turned into one?

2) If these 'Pillocks' believe everything they see on the BBC, then they would believe what Farage says, given that he's had a fair few appearances on Question Time...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Thank you. Can not believe Burnley is that low!

Also interesting that Everton and Liverpool are at differing ends of the table, yet the physical locations of the clubs are practically on each others' doorsteps.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Also interesting that Everton and Liverpool are at differing ends of the table, yet the physical locations of the clubs are practically on each others' doorsteps.

Their fans aren't though. :lol:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Thank God most people on here have got more sense than you. People who read the Guardian and watch Channel 4 News more likely do so BECAUSE they have a mind of their own and don't lap up the tosh that Garage expounds and the twisted bile of the Mail and the Express.

I have this Theory that if I was a Believer in a God - That he sent Covid-19 to Expose Donald Trump's incompetence to the American people so that they don't re-elect him to cause misery on the world for another 4 years and potentially start a Nuclear War.

It just came to us 6 months too late to save us from the incompetence of Boris Johnson.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

That stood out to me as well - However, my theory on that is that. Liverpool often play in Europe and their fans don't want to wait in queues when going through Customs

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Nah people usually choose the news sources that reflect their world view/prejudices be it the Daily Mail or the Guardian. Although from reading posts on here Guardian readers/ Channel 4 fans are more likely to believe there is only one correct, acceptable world view and everyone else is stupid for not thinking the same.

Yes, people choose the news source(s) that reflect their world view. But the Guardian, I would contend, has a wider range than most, and I don't like all of them always. That's where the "mind of your own" bit comes in.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It was actually 28% of the eligible electorate. And given that 50% of the electorate are more stupid than the average person, Cummings certainly knew that figure and focused on it.

A whole election campaign in three words, but you wouldn't want to confuse your 'target market' :wink:

Interesting figure - as a matter of interest what %age of the eligible electorate voted Labour in Sussex?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
That stood out to me as well - However, my theory on that is that. Liverpool often play in Europe and their fans don't want to wait in queues when going through Customs

I guess there is that, as well as the fact there are a) a lot more Liverpool fans than Everton fans and b) a percentage of the Liverpool fans are in different areas of the country. I know a worryingly high amount and they have no connection to the city or even that part of the country.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Interesting figure - as a matter of interest what %age of the eligible electorate voted Labour in Sussex?

Afraid I have no idea, just know the national %age - sorry

The main thing I read from it was just how small the number of the electorate you have to target and get to change to make a huge difference in Parliament. Something that I think has only really been exploited in the last few years. Pick your segment and target them with a very simple message, forget about manifestos and policies.

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So Farage is to relaunch the Brexit party....just what we all need right now...wonder if he’ll be running it from his tent on a cliff overlooking Dover harbour
How can we Brexit when we have already left ?

Perhaps he just wants to 'remoan' outside the EU ? Lol.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So Farage is to relaunch the Brexit party....just what we all need right now...wonder if he’ll be running it from his tent on a cliff overlooking Dover harbour

We could ban pasta, paella and brick up the Channel Tunnel and he'd still be unhappy, he just needs constant attention

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Well after losing his MEP wage and LBC telling him to do one, he's got to try to think of something to feed his ego and keep the idiots believing in him.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Madness. The only way they can get a Brexit harder than what we're already getting is if we nuke Strasbourg so what the hell does he want? Unless, of course, it actually isn't all about Brexit after all...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How can we Brexit when we have already left ?

Perhaps he just wants to 'remoan' outside the EU ? Lol.

There is a bit of a misunderstanding here. Yes, the government have been giving the impression we have left. In fact, all we have done is declared we will be left at the end of the year. We are now in an interim period. During this period, nothing has changed or will change in terms of our trade and other arrangements with the EU. The only thing we don't have no is any voting rights. I'm not even sure we have stopped paying them money (I see no sign of that £350 million quid a week we were promised).

The government announced** over the weekend that although we will finally leave at the end of the year, the transition period has now been extended another 6 months due to Covid.

In other words we won't be leaving till the middle of next year. At that point, however, we will definitely be leaving, deal or no deal. Oh yes.

So if I were an opportunist snake like Farage I would see there may be a few quid to be made by reforming his all singing all dancing all election *winning bandwagon, the Brexit party, to highlight the backsliding of HMG, and make some more money in personal appearance fees.

*I made that bit up.

**I may have got that bit wrong but I'm pretty sure that's what I heard.....will look it up now....

Edit: From the BBC pages:

Checks on EU goods coming into the UK will be phased in next year to give firms "time to adjust", as ministers formally ruled out extending the Brexit transition period beyond 31 December.

The UK had committed to introduce full import controls on EU goods in January.

But coronavirus has forced a rethink, with firms able to defer customs forms and tariff payments for six months and some physical checks delayed to July.

Business welcomed what ministers said was a "pragmatic and flexible" step.

But, in response, the EU said it would implement full checks on UK exports at the start of 2021.

The BBC's Europe editor Katya Adler said the EU would not see the UK's move as a "concession but rather a pragmatic move by a country that's not ready to implement full checks by then".

Slippery slope!

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The government announced over the weekend that although we will finally leave at the end of the year, the transition period has now been extended another 6 months due to Covid.

In other words we won't be leaving till the middle of next year. At that point, however, we will definitely be leaving, deal or no deal. Oh yes.

I must have missed that. When did they announce that?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
There is a bit of a misunderstanding here. Yes, the government have been giving the impression we have left. In fact, all we have done is declared we will be left at the end of the year. We are now in an interim period. During this period, nothing has changed or will change in terms of our trade and other arrangements with the EU. The only thing we don't have no is any voting rights. I'm not even sure we have stopped paying them money (I see no sign of that £350 million quid a week we were promised).

The government announced over the weekend that although we will finally leave at the end of the year, the transition period has now been extended another 6 months due to Covid.

So if I were an opportunist snake like Farage I would see there may be a few quid to be made by reforming his all singing all dancing all election *winning bandwagon, the Brexit party, to highlight the backsliding of HMG, and make some more money in personal appearance fees.

*I made that bit up.

How did I miss that ? !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here