Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Excellent win! Delighted!

All things considered, it was fully deserved. We absorbed their pressure in the first half - with a bit of luck, coupled with their poor finishing and some great saves from Verbruggen.

2nd half was very even - arguably we were better and with the better chances. We defended awesomely at times, although their finishing was very poor throughout.

VERY tough place to win at - last home defeat for them lot was in January against Man City - this is a GREAT result.

Gold stars to - Georginio, Welbeck, Baleba, Verbruggen.... and silver stars to Igor, Hinsh and Veltman

Two negatives on this great day are Ferguson, anonymous and poor again, and obviously Welbecks injury - I'm hoping it's nothing serious, the impact wasn't bad, but he looked in a lot of pain. Fingers crossed he'll back in training next week 🤞

Time to crack open some beers. Amazing Albion!

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Massive organised defensive performance from the whole squad playing, and that was very well planned by Fab, HOWE must the Geordies be feeling tonight!
Let's hope Danny is comfortable soon, has to be a slipped disc doesn't it?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I know nothing about the game itself or comments mid match in this thread, I just followed scores in Betfair.

But what I do know is …. fkn brilliant :albion2:.

Don’t care if the win was deserved or not.
Definitely deserved. They may have had more chances, more possession and what not - but we deserved to win just for our defensive display and one clinical moment.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Excellent win! Delighted!

All things considered, it was fully deserved. We absorbed their pressure in the first half - with a bit of luck, coupled with their poor finishing and some great saves from Verbruggen.

2nd half was very even - arguably we were better and with the better chances. We defended awesomely at times, although their finishing was very poor throughout.

VERY tough place to win at - last home defeat for them lot was in January against Man City - this is a GREAT result.

Gold stars to - Georginio, Welbeck, Baleba, Verbruggen.... and silver stars to Igor, Hinsh and Veltman

Two negatives on this great day are Ferguson, anonymous and poor again, and obviously Welbecks injury - I'm hoping it's nothing serious, the impact wasn't bad, but he looked in a lot of pain. Fingers crossed he'll back in training next week 🤞

Time to crack open some beers. Amazing Albion!
I think you need to upgrade Hinsh to a gold star, he was immense and everywhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here