Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle away

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Ticket arrived today.
This will be my first trip to SJP in over 30 years, there was still terracing the last time I went!
So I know the ground is going to be in the same place and from memory it's about 15 mins walk from the station.
For those with more recent visits where is best to go for lunch/beer before the game? Will only have a couple of hours so I don't want to waste it randomly wandering!! I'll have Milano Jr in tow so the venue needs to be teenager friendly.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Ticket arrived today.
This will be my first trip to SJP in over 30 years, there was still terracing the last time I went!
So I know the ground is going to be in the same place and from memory it's about 15 mins walk from the station.
For those with more recent visits where is best to go for lunch/beer before the game? Will only have a couple of hours so I don't want to waste it randomly wandering!! I'll have Milano Jr in tow so the venue needs to be teenager friendly.
Don't forget your binoculars.

Looking Alfred Hitchcock GIF by Filmin

theboybilly

Easy - Newcastle Arms - just 5 minutes from the Away end near Chinatown. A few Albion will be in there and I've never witnessed any bother. In fact I've always been made welcome in any pub near the ground. But you'll be walking past lots of watering holes coming up from the station or just few steps off the beaten track. My favourite away game by a country mile

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Easy - Newcastle Arms - just 5 minutes from the Away end near Chinatown. A few Albion will be in there and I've never witnessed any bother. In fact I've always been made welcome in any pub near the ground. But you'll be walking past lots of watering holes coming up from the station or just few steps off the beaten track. My favourite away game by a country mile
Perfect - thanks.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Next to the Newcastle Arms is also Rosie's bar. Went in there after the last away game. Both good.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Newcastle is a fantastic place, a real jewel of England. The view from the away end in SJP is fine, it's too high and there should be an option at ground level but it means you see how the whole game plays out and also you get a lovely view over the top of the Gallowgate End and out into rural areas beyond Newcastle. The stadium is atmospheric, the city is beautiful and the people are mostly friendly and engaging. Get yourself out of an evening and wait for the Gregg's fresh pasties bell-ringing ceremony (assuming it still happens!) which brings one hell of a queue to the (possibly more than one!) 24/7 Greggs outlet(s) in town.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Been last 2 years 1st one the midweek game after the pub found out I was brighton after the game I got a load of beers brought for me . Last season on the way back to the coach got the questions of what time did you leave etc , proper supporters for travelling etc and the safe journey homes ,and a few handshakes and fist bumps , one place you would never have any hassle is there

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Ticket arrived today.
Newcastle Tap and the Crown Posada are on my list

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
There is a new 'Stack' deveopment right by the ground, albeit at the home end next to St James Metro station. Good choice if bars and food and will be lively pre-match. Alas I am not sure away fan's are allowed but I'll be trying to get in to see what it's like pre-match.
The 'home end'? They're all home ends at St James'!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here