Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New anti-VAR song released

Sep 24, 2024
Fans want rid of it when it goes against them, when one of their own goes down in the box they’re screaming for it like a banshee with a hot poker up its arse
Agreed. Coaches are just as bad, one-eyed as cyclops.

My view is just get rid of it and go back to the ref deciding.

Fans of Championship clubs all say the best thing about playing in that league is no VAR.

Celebrate a goal without fear of it being overturned.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Fans want rid of it when it goes against them, when one of their own goes down in the box they’re screaming for it like a banshee with a hot poker up its arse
What difference does that make as to whether someone is in favour of VAR or not? I would scrap it immediately, although while it's here I will also hope it works in our favor.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sick of VAR ruining the game, we made a song: Reclaim the game....from VAR

Please give it a listen. Best played loud.

If you like it, please share far and wide.
No thanks. It's populist shit. VAR is perfectly reasonable if it's implemented properly. Binning it off completely because the implementers are complete clowns is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. It is amazing how people have forgotten about all those incorrect, goal-defining offside decisions that happened in every single game back in the day.

Just implement it so that it eliminates the shocking decisions very quickly along with offside/goal-line decisions (which really are black and white) and VAR would be perfectly OK.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
But if we didn't have VAR I wouldn't have been able to make those :wanker:signs at the TV when Spurs had their goal allowed then disallowed on Sunday.

Sep 24, 2024
No thanks. It's populist shit. VAR is perfectly reasonable if it's implemented properly. Binning it off completely because the implementers are complete clowns is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. It is amazing how people have forgotten about all those incorrect, goal-defining offside decisions that happened in every single game back in the day.

Just implement it so that it eliminates the shocking decisions very quickly along with offside/goal-line decisions (which really are black and white) and VAR would be perfectly OK.
The marginal offside calls are very far from black and white. The technology doesnt support that level of precision. More importantly,
those marginal calls are directly against the spirit of the game and disadvantage attacking play unfairly.

The key reason it has to go, (and will go, imv), is it undermines spontaneous celebration of a goal. And that cant be changed, its a feature, not a glitch,as they say. And that poisons the game.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Martine McCutcheon was bloody fit back in the day, wasn’t she?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's the American English spelling, not the British English (or as I prefer to call it, "English") spelling.

Not that it matters in this context, and the person who pulled you up was just being a pain in the arse (pun intended). But they're correct.
That’s my raison d’être.

For the benefit of the OP, it’s French.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here