Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Nessie, big cats, Sasquatch etc

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’m watching a “documentary” on the Loch Ness Monster.

Gibberish but great fun to watch.

I love the idea of big cats on the loose in the British countryside. And enjoy the various shonky photos and locals being interviewed on the pub on documentaries.

I think Attenborough even believes in the possibility of Big Foot?

Anyhoo, great fun but have you ever seen a beastie out there in the rolling hills? Up from the depths?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I love the idea of big cats on the loose in the British countryside. And enjoy the various shonky photos and locals being interviewed on the pub on documentaries.

Anyhoo, great fun but have you ever seen a beastie out there in the rolling hills? Up from the depths?
My Springer can look very beast like when he's angry and walking across the downs - word of caution, if you're a lycra clad runner and come across a growling black and white springer on your run ..... run the other way !

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Only the wife

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Perhaps not as unexpected in Ontario as it would be in Sussex - but when working as a field biologist in Ottawa (tracking down endangered turtles) I happened upon mountain lion tracks. Mountain lions are all but extirpated from the area. My colleague, a pretty esteemed biologist, reckons he has seen one and the same location. We’re talking about 20ish km from Parliament and the city’s downtown core - so not somewhere overly wild!

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
There are definitely big cats in the UK countryside. Loch Ness Monster is a load of nonsense though, unfortunately.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There are definitely big cats in the UK countryside. Loch Ness Monster is a load of nonsense though, unfortunately.
How can you say that?

IMG_3725.jpeg

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Convinced I saw a big cat of some sort in Sussex…..several years ago (30ish) a fairly long way from any roads (between Scaynes Hill and Sheffield Park). Before the days of camera phones. Jet black, definitely cat-shaped but the size of something like a labrador.
It was probably an escaped lab, so you can stop wondering now.
You're welcome.
:lol:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I guess the thing about the Loch Ness monster, is that unless they an individual, which just happened to be the last of it's species can live for hundreds or thousands of years, there would have to be a whole community of monsters there, producing young and hunting very large prey. Something like that would need I guess 20 kilos of fish per day, a whole ecosystem hundreds or thousands. There would be evidence.

And where was this monster during the ice age, when all of Britain was under 2 miles of ice?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I guess the thing about the Loch Ness monster, is that unless they an individual, which just happened to be the last of it's species can live for hundreds or thousands of years, there would have to be a whole community of monsters there, producing young and hunting very large prey. Something like that would need I guess 20 kilos of fish per day, a whole ecosystem hundreds or thousands. There would be evidence.

And where was this monster during the ice age, when all of Britain was under 2 miles of ice?
They spent that period on Mars.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Vegan. Lives on underwater grasses 👍

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Remember seeing a 'large black cat' at Alderwood lakes a few years ago. Certainly wasn't your average, run of the mill domesticated type moggie, so maybe.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here