Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naylor slags off Amex support

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Need a drum and a bugle to give it a carnival vibe and more people will join in.

Leicester used clackers in their promotion race and they are still using them now. Not suggesting clackers but would I swap places with them if I had to clack? Yes.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What we need is all the women, kids and old farts to join in instead of sitting in silence thinking about what they're going to have for dinner.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agree with this. I can't help but say that Brighton is a premier league-ready club in every aspect apart from the support/atmosphere.

If we were to go up, and the support stayed vaguely similar it would be laughable in the PL.

Why would it be laughable? I've been to Villa, Stadium of Light, Bournemouth, Southampton and Swansea. Their support is no louder than ours.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What we need is all the women, kids and old farts to join in instead of sitting in silence thinking about what they're going to have for dinner.

My 9 year old is probably one of the noisiest people in the whole ground. And there's at least one female OAP who is on this very thread who joins in too. What we need is decently priced tickets and the self-styled leaders of the North Stand to organise themselves instead of doing passable impressions of the JPF and the PFJ.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
This really is a pointless exercise on what sort of football fan you should be. It doesn't matter. If you follow the Albion, yer pays yer money and you watch them.

It doesn't matter if you sit or stand, or shout, or swear, or sing, or just shut up. It doesn't matter if you arrive early or late, or leave early or late. It doesn't matter if you wear a replica shirt, or scarf, or just wear no colours at all. It doesn't matter if you see one game a season or all of them, or how near or far the distance that you've travelled to watch a match.

The thing that does matter is that you are a fan of Brighton and Hove Albion, and with that love and commitment, how dare anyone tell you how you should support them.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You'll be disappointed with that clacking suggestion.

I’m with Aspinall’s drum and bugle suggestion. If he says it needs something I believe him.

NSC would never approve of such a thing, but it's full of grumpy old b4stards anyway. Outside NSC though, it would be embraced by fans.

We are lacking the spring carnival vibe, which we need for the run in.

Smoky McPot

May 12, 2009
Surely this is more about actually getting hits for the argus' website. For a local newspaper, its had one of the biggest drops in readership in recent years so articles such as this are needed to keep the paper going. Surely it's his job to write articles that provoke a reaction, if it was dull and boring (like the rest of the paper) then no-one would read it and it would go bust.

RohanInceEnthusiast

Nov 26, 2015
Why would it be laughable? I've been to Villa, Stadium of Light, Bournemouth, Southampton and Swansea. Their support is no louder than ours.

Well, to start with the noise that we make (or don't make in this case) would be poor, add in a few thousand plastic fans who come along for the first time and it would be laughable.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My 9 year old is probably one of the noisiest people in the whole ground. And there's at least one female OAP who is on this very thread who joins in too. What we need is decently priced tickets and the self-styled leaders of the North Stand to organise themselves instead of doing passable impressions of the JPF and the PFJ.
Edna won't be happy you called her that

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Edna won't be happy you called her that

I'm sure most of the people around me in East Upper will be glad when I move or pop my clogs :ohmy:

I shout/scream abuse at the opposition/ref/helper and also support the team and wait for it clap the team off.

I also shout at Houghton to go to plan B FFS!!!!!!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm sure most of the people around me in East Upper will be glad when I move or pop my clogs :ohmy:

I shout/scream abuse at the opposition/ref/helper and also support the team and wait for it clap the team off.

You're too loud if anything![emoji482]

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Last game at the Amex I went to before going abroad for a while was the visit of The Mighty Leeds. Despite us being 4-0 up at half time and with an alleged 25K 'attendance' the second half was embarrassingly devoid of any kind of atmosphere. Face it, the Amex just ISN'T a cauldron of noise and is unlikely to become one anytime soon. Oh well. :shrug:

The second half was also embarrassingly devoid of any action if truth be told.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Who is this poor man Houghton? It's not the ex-Liverpool player Ray Houghton is it? Does he sit in the East Stand as well? How much noise does he make? And why do you think poor Ray can change our pattern of play?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Agree with this.

Also, sadly, Anfield has become a Library as well. It's a disease.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Who is this poor man Houghton? It's not the ex-Liverpool player Ray Houghton is it? Does he sit in the East Stand as well? How much noise does he make? And why do you think poor Ray can change our pattern of play?

I made a mistake --- I meant Howtun :moo:

Eric Morecambe made me laugh more than anyone in the 70's/80's/90's :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here