Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Name & shame: companies that give CRAP customer service

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Any company that farms it out to India for some GOON to read off a crib sheet.

Nice to see EVERY British company that has done this has lost customers because of this BARMY policy.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Can't say Inland Revenue have been bad to me, recently recieved a cheque for money the owed to me!!! Couldn't quite believe it. I know they will screw me over for it back at some point in my life, but nice to have at the moment.

Last edited:

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Have to say that the "streamlining" of companies' customer carelines has become a joke.
They usually serve the purpose of making the customer more angry who then takes it out on a person who probably doesn't care much for the company and is just following policy. I feel sorry for those guys who are on the end of torrents of daily abuse just because they work for an awful company which from the top doesn't care for the customer.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I am pleased to see that (even if Easy 10 has read this 400 times now) I have managed to spread the word about Haywards Heath's crappest garage to plenty of people.

I accept from once having done a customer service job that there are plenty of stupid members of the public (a mate of mine who worked in Do It All once got asked by a customer if they sold caravans, to which my mate sarcastically replied "they'll be on the top shelf if we've got them in stock", at which point the customer went off happily to search all the top shelves for caravans), but Dinnages haven't even given me the opportunity to be stupid as they didn't bother to call me until I moaned at the front desk flunky one too many times.

There does appear to be a car dealershop theme developing here....

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Ukonline - JUST DONT GO THERE :flameboun

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club!

I pay £450 a year and most weeks I get a crap service.

And you won't beleive this last Saturday when I voiced my anger at the manager I was told to f*** off! :angry: :angry: :jester:

Last edited:

Ridgeway VW in Reading. Can't be arsed to go into the details but eventually I wrote to the managing director of VW UK exlpaining the details and stating the fact that on average a dissapointed customer told 10 people how unhappy they are whilst in average a contented customer told 3.

The problem was sorted in days after months of toing and froing.

One person I know drove to NTL's head office just up the road from Farnborough and stood in reception until the MD came down to talk to him. He did in the end.

Jacobs Steel Estate Agents in Worthing. The Lettings part in Goring Road in particular. The staff there have no idea what they're doing.

I went in to give notice on a flat I lived in early, ie before the initial 6 months was up, and was told by the member of staff there that I would not incur any penalty on this as I'd given notice before the next lot of rent was due, so about 6 weeks notice in all. I asked her to double check so I could be sure how much I would be shelling out in the next few months, and was told that there would be no penalty at all. She then booked me appointments to see different places for the next day.

The next day she showed me round the places I'd picked out, and later that day I contacted her to say that we had found somewhere else, and so not to worry about looking for more places for me to see. A day or so later I get a call from another member of staff there telling me that I couldn't vacate the place I was in early, or that it would cost me rent until they found someone else to take it. When I argued that I had checked they claimed that no one would have told me that, and that I was a liar. I asked them to check their appointments book as they have to keep records of viewings and I was told that was irrelevant.

Even after they got a new tenant for the flat they kept back my deposit for 3 weeks and only returned £20 of it keeping the rest for rent that hadn't even been incurred.

They were also incredibly inept when it came to any enquiries relating to important things, like plumbing that was f***ed, often not bothering to phone you back at all.

If you want to rent somewhere or have a place to let out, don't use these twats.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Best Western, their Charleston hotel billed me twice for the same stay and it took 6 weeks, and 4 calls to get them to credit my card. They were arrogant and rude throughout, I'd rather stay at a welfare hotel in Newark than use them again.

One Railway, in February they reduced our train service from 2 to 1 per hour with 2 days notice and said that the decision was based on a customer survey that had never taken place.

Abbey, for too many reasons to list

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Bry Nylon said:
Went to see Jack Dee on tour last summer. He was ranting (well, sneering) about B&Q. He said once you let the 1066 look-a-like in an orange apron disappear through the plastic flappy things at the back of the store "to check the computer" you might as well give up and f*** off home ...

:lolol:

I've got that on DVD,cracking stuff! When i worked in co-op, people used to ask me if we had stuff out the back and i used to go back there, through the flappy stuff and then just stand around talking for a bit and then come back

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Seagullible said:
Not that anyone on here would go to it but Honda garage on the A4 at Littlewick Green advised me thet I could not change the bulb in my headlight myself and they quoted £35 labour + £5 for the bulb to do. I promptly opened the bonnet and removed the bulb and asked why that would cost £35. The guy just said I could buy the bulb but would probably break it putting it in - the bulb still works 2 years later.
Littlewick Green Honda Garage = :tosser:

Just like to say the Honda garage by Holmbush is excellent, customer care excellent, even after sales, and they only charge £3.20 to replace and fit a bulb ;)

When I was looking to buy a car I booked one in at Frosts in Shoreham for a test drive, 2 days later turned up for it, the bloke who was dealing with me had gone out, the car was parked at the back of the lot and it had a flat tyre. When I said about replacing it, they just said, "na all we would do is patch it". Then had the cheek to to start the finance crap, before we had even sorted the tyre. Needless to say I turned round and walked out, if thats what they are like before you have even bought a car, what are they going to be like after? Never go to Frosts

E

enigma

Croydonbloke said:
Crystal Palace FC Box office. You wait for hours on the phone.

/B]

I had to wait an hour to order the tickets for the inter milan game. :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here