Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My dad died today

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
I'm lost for words my fellow seagull friend, all I can say is that you've got all of us here as friends and we will have you in our thoughts for the forseeable future.

You take care.

South Stand Zealot

Jul 8, 2003
Haywards Heath
My gran was the very first woman season ticket holder at the GG in 1901. See her picture Page 21 in the Centenary Book holding Dad's hand in 1911. Dad was 6 then.

Dad also very much an Albion fan took me one day to see a match - to see if I liked it.

Gob smacked at first view of the GG. Totally hooked.

Dad died in 1976. So I know how you feel - very much. So many personal memories that will never fade.

All the best during this very sad time for you, your family and friends

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
my deepest thoughts. look after each other you will pull through together. all my sympathy

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Really sorry to hear your news, having been through it myself a while ago. One positive, uplifting way to commemorate a true Albion fan like your Dad is to have his name on the Goldstone Memories board - which will be there for posterity at Falmer. That's how my own father's being remembered.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
My dad gave me my love of the Albion, as his dad did for him and as your dad did for you. My dad died on the last day of the season nearly six years ago and I still miss him.

You'll always miss your dad too but time will let you smile when you think of him.

I am feeling for you right now. My sympathies to you and all of your family....

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
And condolences from across the Pacific. Rest assured I'll raise a mai tai in his direction tonight. This thread makes me realize how important it is to pass on all things Albion to our kids, so I'll take the opportunity to remind mine.

:unclesam:

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
So sorry to hear your sad news.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
So lovely to hear someone speak of their parent in such a proud way. We're lucky to have people like that in our lives even if we think its too short. I know when the saddness is gone that he'll always be remembered for what he has done for you and your family - be proud, be sad for as long as it takes, I know it has to hurt, but most of all feel lucky to have shared time with a person like that.

take care

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
sorry to hear that

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My Dad also went to the Goldstone with Paul ( my brother) and I. We stood on the East Terrance together from 1976 until it shut along with the ground.

Dad was 52 when he died in 1993 of a stroke ( far too much smoking and certainly too much stress at work). This seems now a rediculous age to die..he would never see what fabulous young women my two girls have grown into, but if you believe in that sort of thing, which personally I do, then perhaps is is watching and seeing what we do.

It is a extremely difficult time for you and the family, but in time it does get better.

One thing that got me through was , curiously and epsiode of Star Trek TNG, which Tasha Yar dies. She had made a vidoe to be played at her death and in her speech was the line " as long as you remember me in your heart, I will always be there, I will not die. Remember me in your heart" I know it was some silly American trash, but that thought really helped.

All I can say is remember your father in your heart and remember the good things, the laughs, doing things together. The lows were few and far between and life is too short to dwell on them.

My sincerest condolences to you and the family at this difficult time.

Regards

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here