Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray Saturday

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Despite everything that's happened, I do hope there's not too much vitriol for Glenn when we play each other. From what's been hinted at on here, it sounds as though Glenn wasn't desperate to get away, but the club weren't desperate to keep him and couldn't offer him a starting place every week. it's just as shame that Palace were the team that offered him a salary that met his expectations.

From talking to people at the club the staff are still on good terms with him, and he even came down for a tour of the Amex after leaving for Palace, so there's no animosity there.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Always doomed to fail. Wrong club, wrong playing style, wrong fans. Bad money driven decision.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Always doomed to fail. Wrong club, wrong playing style, wrong fans. Bad money driven decision.

Really ? Murray has enough quality to play any system I'd have thought. A motivated Murray is a class act.

And I agree with Papa - I hope he doesn't get too much grief. He is just an idiot - not malicious.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Gus would not have sold him if he believed he could do a job for us in the Championship. Murray wanted 10k a week and Gus offered him say 7k that makes it 150k a year difference. We then pay £1m for Buckley and £2.5m+ for CMS. Nuff said. Murray didn't fit into Gus's plans and you can see why after 90 minutes from the forward line we now have.

Bad decision Glenn whateveryournameis and was.

TNBA

TTF

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Really ? Murray has enough quality to play any system I'd have thought. A motivated Murray is a class act.

And I agree with Papa - I hope he doesn't get too much grief. He is just an idiot - not malicious.

Laudable comments and agree about his playing ability. But this is football and to many he will be seen as someone who turned down our offer to play for palace and thaw will attract grief. I hope it is more like the pantomime villain variety that his video appearances got on Saturday rather than the full Henry hughton vitriol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here