Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Mr McMahon series on Netflix

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Actually after watching this wrestling seems less fake than I thought it was. Yeah it's almost always predetermined who the winner is but occasionally they went into the ring not knowing what the sketch was, and it's not like the whole match was choreographed

Great watch, what a crazy world wrestling was!
Yeh ultimately it would be harder to completely choreograph a match and to be honest you can tell when a match is overly planned. More often than not they'll go in knowing the ending and agree on a few key moments but otherwise they're making it up on the fly, with usually the hell/bad guy taking the lead. They might take some instructions from the referee during the match like "wrap it up in 3 minutes" but otherwise they're reading each other's body language, whispering instructions to each other etc

Bear in mind they're doing this in front of a live audience so there's not much room for error

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The “non fans” just want to feel superior in the same way they say coronation street or eastenders are rubbish it’s a sense of feeling superior and instead of scrolling past they feel they have to comment
What about The Dale (Emmerdale)? Belle putting an axe in Tom's back, quite literally, unreal.

Trump is a big fan of WrestleMania.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The “non fans” just want to feel superior in the same way they say coronation street or eastenders are rubbish it’s a sense of feeling superior and instead of scrolling past they feel they have to comment
Some opinions may differ to yours.

I watched the documentary.

There is a thread about the documentary.

I have an opinion about the documentary.

I wrote that opinion on the thread about the documentary.

Sorry to have offended you.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
As a longtime wrasslin' fan I don't think the doc went in hard enough on McMahon. There wasn't anything in there that I didn't know.

But, my other half was regularly shocked into stunned silence. The doc was made for people like her rather than fans. Which is fine, appeal to the broadest audience and all that.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
As a longtime wrasslin' fan I don't think the doc went in hard enough on McMahon. There wasn't anything in there that I didn't know.

But, my other half was regularly shocked into stunned silence. The doc was made for people like her rather than fans. Which is fine, appeal to the broadest audience and all that.
Totally agree with this. Nothing in the doc that will be new to long time fans.

Some of it is a good walk down memory lane, and the archive footage of McMahon when he first started announcing/commentating shows just how wooden his delivery was in those early days.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Totally agree with this. Nothing in the doc that will be new to long time fans.

Some of it is a good walk down memory lane, and the archive footage of McMahon when he first started announcing/commentating shows just how wooden his delivery was in those early days.
I could never stand McMahon on commentary, even as a kid I found his delivery and vagueness grating. “The arm area” - it’s his bloody arm. “Big baaaaaaaack body drop”, “Whaddamaneuver” etc.

Must admit though I absolutely loved the Austin/McMahon stuff in the Attitude Era.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Some opinions may differ to yours.

I watched the documentary.

There is a thread about the documentary.

I have an opinion about the documentary.

I wrote that opinion on the thread about the documentary.

Sorry to have offended you.
I just don’t get why you would watch something you have zero interest in then say not liked it then make a homophobic remark , I tend to scroll past if don’t enjoy the subject matter

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Am not a fan but watched this series. I found it interesting but what came across most was just how creepy McMahon is. For instance, what sort of person even thinks up a storyline where he fathers his daughter's baby? Weird.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I just don’t get why you would watch something you have zero interest in then say not liked it then make a homophobic remark

Can I just be clear that I, as a gay person, do not consider anything in this thread to be homophobic.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Am not a fan but watched this series. I found it interesting but what came across most was just how creepy McMahon is. For instance, what sort of person even thinks up a storyline where he fathers his daughter's baby? Weird.
He's an extremely creepy guy and nothing from the disgusting allegations against him surprises me. There's been rumours about his sexual conduct for years and a lot of the stuff he got his own kids to do, especially his daughter, for the sake of "business" was always dodgy

She does seem to be cut from the same cloth though and also seems quite mad. Shane just seems to be someone who has been forever trying and failing to get his dad's approval. I imagine being his kid is very hard work indeed.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He's an extremely creepy guy and nothing from the disgusting allegations against him surprises me. There's been rumours about his sexual conduct for years and a lot of the stuff he got his own kids to do, especially his daughter, for the sake of "business" was always dodgy

She does seem to be cut from the same cloth though and also seems quite mad. Shane just seems to be someone who has been forever trying and failing to get his dad's approval. I imagine being his kid is very hard work indeed.
Every word of this. I think Stephanie might be quite the mentalist to be honest.

They’re all ghastly people.

She’s said and done some very telling things too. Comparing 9/11 to Vince being put on trial for steroid distribution… saying “Philanthropy is the future of marketing” - direct quote - in the middle of a charity campaign.

They’re all morally bankrupt but wrestling has always been a shady, carny business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here