Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] MOT question

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My MOT is out of date by two days. I was on holiday and came back to realise this. Booked in for later this
week.

Anyway, when I started driving, I was always told that you had a week or so grace on the MOT, give or take.
Lots of new drivers have told me there's a zero tolerance policy now if you haven't got an MOT (3 pts
on your licence if you're stopped). Is this really true? Does anyone have any recent experience?
A lot has changed since 1940

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Gave my sister a lift in her van about 10 years ago and got pulled on the seafront for no MOT.
Somewhat annoying that the fine went to me as the driver but no points were involved. The fine itself didn't seem too bad either, except that foolishly I accepted the offer to pay it for me from my sibling who clearly wasn't great at paperwork. Also I was very remiss in updating my details with dvla so the next time I knew anything about it was over a year later when bailiffs were after more than a grand.

Flounce

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2006
About 5 years ago I got a fine of £1000 for driving without an MOT. Camera on Mill Drive Worthing had logged the car as having no MOT as I drove to the MOT centre in Worthing. The car had been off the road for about 3 months prior to that. I sent a copy of the MOT issued later the same day as the camera had picked me driving to the MOT centre, and they cancelled the fine.

I guess some speed cameras are also ANPR cameras?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I was so busy last year I really just did forget for about 7 months drove in front of and behind plenty of coppers to in that time. Guess I was lucky.

I did similar a year or two ago and went about 3 months without an MOT on a car before I realised, panicked and got it booked in the next day. Maybe the 'joined up technology' isn't quite as joined up as claimed :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here