[Albion] Minamino to Brighton? Surely not.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
He has largely failed to live up to the expectation after his excellent form for Salzburg. Liverpool bought him off the back of an incredible performance by the Salzburg front line at Anfield in a Champions League game, but that team also included Erling Haaland so it's possible everyone around him looked better than they were.

Randy McNob

> > > > > > Cardiff > > > > >
Jun 13, 2020
drevil.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
At his age and with just under two years left on his contract? And with our depth in attack?
We will need more depth for European football next season.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Well, he is Japanese and strengthen our commercial activity over there. . ?
I’ve read some articles about this theory over the years, and I’m sure @El Presidente knows more about this subject than I, but this is actually largely a myth.

Many clubs have tried this, but actually commercial income from merchandise and such is negligible compared to PL wages for an established player.

We’ve seen the interest in Mitoma from the Japanese market, and it’s great to “expand our brand” in Asia, but in reality that doesn’t directly equate to cash.

If you look at clubs like Manchester United, they are massive in Asia and Africa because they simply won everything for ages, and young people grew up with them on top and remained fans as adults.

When they actually tried to court those markets directly, they had very mixed results, Dong Fangzhou was a disaster, but Park Ji-sung worked because he was actually a good player, bought for the right reasons.

As for this specific player, we’re absolutely stacked in his position, he’d be one of the highest earners, and any income from merchandising would be minimal.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Minami-NO!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports