Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan radio interview, on how he learnt of CH sacking.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Who told Sky? I assume the club.

So the club told the world before contacting the players. As others have said, so what? I don't expect a heads up if my boss is about to be sacked. When the players say 'this was the first I heard about it' this is simply a statement of fact. 'I was shocked by the news' .... well they would be shocked, however they heard the news. This is what news that is a shock does to people.

"I am disgusted and will never play for the Albion again. I have handed in a transfer request" was said by nobody. Not one player has handed in a transfer request.

I think one or two on here seem to have decided to be offended on behalf of players who are not offended, and have decided to attack the club as a consequence. Rediculous. Move on.

“Thanks to the Boss, who’s been great for me and taught me a lot”.

I’m looking forward to working with ‘insert name’.

Agent on phone to club, my client is unhappy and would like to renegotiate his contract......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who told Sky? I assume the club.

So the club told the world before contacting the players.

I feel fairly sure we have more than one member of staff involved in press releases. We even have a Player Liaison Officer. What was he doing?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
This.

So how the **** is the club supposed to do it? Round up CH and all the players so that when CH is sacked he can't rush off and tell his missus who then tells her friend and it is on Sky in 20 minutes before the players know? Are they supposed to tell CH and the players at the same time? In the same room or in separate rooms? Or maybe the club could send txts to all the players at the same time as CH is told he's sacked.

What the actual ****. I don't understand why [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] is so exercised about this. The manager has been sacked. He hasn't died. Nobody has died. FFS.

It's really very simple. Imagine (when you were working) that your boss is fired. Would you rather find out from:

A) Your employer?
B) A random bloke who mentions it at the barber's?

Maty found out via option B.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I feel fairly sure we have more than one member of staff involved in press releases. We even have a Player Liaison Officer. What was he doing?

Running around with a box of Kleenex!! Despite how some of them act the players are adults and as well paid professional footballers will move on. If only we could.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Running around with a box of Kleenex!! Despite how some of them act the players are adults and as well paid professional footballers will move on. If only we could.

So why are you replying to this thread if you've moved on?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's really very simple. Imagine (when you were working) that your boss is fired. Would you rather find out from:

A) Your employer?
B) A random bloke who mentions it at the barber's?

Maty found out via option B.

Me? Not bothered.

Emails from my employer are frequent, often well-intentioned, commonly unctious and usually ultimately self serving. Generally I will read only something addressed personally to me these days. If the employer emailed me to say the line manager has been sacked I would probably regard it as box ticking, or even gloating.

I think you have seen an injured unicorn on this occasion.

:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here