Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manc Derby

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Ferdinand went absent again tonight. Not surprised.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
In future, rather than limiting ourselves to a meaningless fixture between United and City, could we also please have regular match threads on our forum for:

The North London Derby
The Merseyside Derby
The Northeast Derby (Cats v Toon)
The West London Derby (Hoops v CFC)
The No One Gives A S**t Derby (Fulham v any other London club)
The Midlands Derby (Villa v W Brom)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In future, rather than limiting ourselves to a meaningless fixture between United and City, could we also please have regular match threads on our forum for:

The North London Derby
The Merseyside Derby

If they, too, are televised, we usually do get match threads on them.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Great game. Fast and furious. Wish we could see some of that at the Amex instead of the pedestrian stuff usually served up.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Not according to G.Neville and the Sky analysis. Assessment that Man City played well, and other than Phil Jones defensively, ManU didn't particularly.

Anyway, you get back to supporting your local team, and not Manure.

As good as Neville is I don't feel the need to have to agree with him on every point and I get annoyed that every opinion he pushes then becomes fact.

If anything I have found Neville to probably be biased against United on Sky. I think he would feel as a true Red in his heart of hearts his team were well worth a point last night.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As good as Neville is I don't feel the need to have to agree with him on every point and I get annoyed that every opinion he pushes then becomes fact.

If anything I have found Neville to probably be biased against United on Sky. I think he would feel as a true Red in his heart of hearts his team were well worth a point last night.

I walked away from Saturday's game feeling (and hearing others say) that we were lucky to get a point. Then see on the football league show Perot and mannish saying a point was fair. Perhaps Neville's disappointment in utd's performance and result made him a harsher critic, it's more that him being a united fan made him more critical rather than him denying his true feelings.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

The North London Derby
The Merseyside Derby
The Northeast Derby (Shirts v Toon)

Updated for the Di Canio factor for you.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

The North London Derby
The Merseyside Derby

Sorry to be pedantic but the Midlands Derby is Villa v Birmingham ( the West Midlands Derby is Wolves v WBA ). Perhaps we could have both.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Sorry to be pedantic but the Midlands Derby is Villa v Birmingham ( the West Midlands Derby is Wolves v WBA ). Perhaps we could have both.

But the true 'Midlands Derby' doesn't currently exist in the Premiership, which was my criteria for the above.

And yes EP, the shirts (not just the cats) are also black now at Blunderland. Rumours that the team have asked to be able to swap shirts with the opposition towards the end of any match that they are losing in order to be on the winning side at the final whistle have been strongly refuted by Di Canio.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here