Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MAC Help

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I have just loaded OS Lion onto my Mac. Unfortunately the mouse now scrolls up instead of down and vice-versa. Does anyone know where I can change the mouse tracker settings and invert them back to the way they were.

TNBA

TTF

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wasn't this the most bizarre thing ever?

Until I installed Lion I had never noticed that we scroll the opposite way on phones and tablets to the way we do on a computer.

I tried to stick with the default choice in Lion but I just couldn't so went back.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

Until I installed Lion I had never noticed that we scroll the opposite way on phones and tablets to the way we do on a computer.

I tried to stick with the default choice in Lion but I just couldn't so went back.

That's because you're pushing the screen in the direction you want it on a phone/tablet where as you're removed from that interaction with a mouse, so you're scrolling the scroll bar the direction you want it.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
If you think about it, it is actually much more logical because you are moving the page down as there is no more scroll bar in OS Lion

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's because you're pushing the screen in the direction you want it on a phone/tablet where as you're removed from that interaction with a mouse, so you're scrolling the scroll bar the direction you want it.

I don't use a mouse, I use the track pad on the Mac and always use the 2 fingered gesture for scrolling so it's very similar to, say, an iPad action.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ

This has just blown my mind, sat here with my phone and laptop and scrolling and it just feels WRONG. On the computer are we pulling the screen down with the bar but on phones we are moving the screen itself? Madness :mad:

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
i too tried it for a few days and just couldn't get with it, so switched back.
keep meaning to go back to it as i'm sure after a few days i'll get used to it and it'll make perfect sense, just didn't get around to it yet...

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I stuck with it and have got used to it so much so that I wish my pc at work did it the same way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here