Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Lunchtime Drinking (70s80s)

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Another great sesh was when @papajaff and I went with AW (sorry mate, forgot your NSC use name momentarily) to watch the Albion play at York and stopped off for a lunchtime 'break' in Lincoln (could be the other way around) about 25 years ago, and had a long liquid interlude.

I don't really remember much about the rest of the day.

But I digress.
AW is Dick Knight's Mum. And it was Hull not York but what a great day that was Harry

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Don’t recall this. Where was it? I worked on Kingsway. This road was dead at the time, no bars or anything of note. It’s changed somewhat last time I was there.
Wasn’t The Sun on Kingsway? At my first job in Tavistock Sq in 1987, we had company drinks after work in The Sun. I was introduced to the senior partner there not realising my tie had fallen into the pint of beer I was holding whilst trying to impress him as a shiny new graduate.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Yeah. Teachers stank of booze most afternoons.

In the late 90’s and early 00’s we’d quite often sink 4 points on a lunch hour and head back to work. And smoked in the pub while doing it.
As did I and my work colleagues, but I didn't/don't smoke. Them were the days.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
In the 80's/90's l worked in Worthing and ran a computer dept and so led the way into lunchtime drinking.

I then joined the supplier of our computer system in their East Grinstead Office. On my first week my branch manager left to work in Head Office, so he took us all (about 20 of us) to the local Chinese for lunch, where we ate everything in sight and literally drank out way through the wine list (it was a reasonably small restaurant and we'd taken it over), until the restaurant manager went out to get some more wine.

It kind of set the pattern for 6 glorious years.

Them were the days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wasn’t The Sun on Kingsway? At my first job in Tavistock Sq in 1987, we had company drinks after work in The Sun. I was introduced to the senior partner there not realising my tie had fallen into the pint of beer I was holding whilst trying to impress him as a shiny new graduate.
Ha ha. Was he impresssed?

There was definitely a Sun on Long Acre ….I had my 30th there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here