Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Low ticket sales for Burnley game?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Well we'll know in 9 days time.

So you get all attendance figure below 23.5k, and I'll take above 23.5k.

I'll tell you what, I'll give you the attendance below 25k and I'll take above.

Your missing the point, I'm sure the official att will be above 25,000. As it is bound to be with 24,000 st holders and 2,000 away fans.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
lol, we didn't even get that for the first home league game of the season and that including all the st holders who were on holiday or didn't show up for whatever reason. You got more chance of getting a **** off the Queen than having 27,000 for Millwall,,,nearer 20,000, or at least that's how many people will be inside the ground, even if that's not what the attendance says.

Your missing the point, I'm sure the official att will be above 25,000. As it is bound to be with 24,000 st holders and 2,000 away fans.
So irrespective as to what the attendance is, you will arbitrary say the attendance is 20,000, because you know best.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Needs to be done. There are still people who want to go to games and mistakenly think tickets aren't available. Even if the matches are sold out, I think we should be advertising them (although obviously not promising them there are tickets still available!) to get people phoning up and interested, and hopefully buying tickets for other games.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Needs to be done. There are still people who want to go to games and mistakenly think tickets aren't available.
Anyone reading NSC will not only think they aren't available but those that are each cost 1 billion dollars.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I am missing this game because my friend* (who is also a season ticket holder) has decided to have his wedding on Saturday. I'm invited for the whole day yet the people that sit near him, who he sees more often, are only going to the evening reception. :rant:

*idiot.

Maybe our taxi could "crash"

Dessie

Jun 17, 2010
Sheffield
I thought it strange that the Leeds v Sheff Wed attendance was so markedly lower than Leeds v Albion (it was a local derby after all) despite the early kick off and TV coverage.

It was designated as a Category A game - would have cost me and my 11 year old £54 before we even started looking at travel, food and drink etc. It made it a very easy decision when the game's on the TV for free. Looking at the drop off in the home support there were a lot of Leeds fans who made the same choice.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It was designated as a Category A game - would have cost me and my 11 year old £54 before we even started looking at travel, food and drink etc. It made it a very easy decision when the game's on the TV for free. Looking at the drop off in the home support there were a lot of Leeds fans who made the same choice.

Football is cocked up. Leeds V Wednesday should be a sell out every time. They've made tickets so expensive that spectators have been priced out of the game. How have we got it so wrong in this country? A Bayern season ticket costs £104.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Football is cocked up. Leeds V Wednesday should be a sell out every time. They've made tickets so expensive that spectators have been priced out of the game. How have we got it so wrong in this country? A Bayern season ticket costs £104.

I bet NördlichStehenUnterhalten went into meltdown when the cost got up into 3 figures.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Every week without fail there are ads in the evening standard promoting the last thousand or so west ham or arsenal tickets. Maybe we are finally just getting better at marketing?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
26,000 again
23,000 season ticket holders 1,000 Burnley 2,000 tickets bought by non season ticket holders
BORING THREAD.
Only used to get 6,000 at WITHDEAN so what's the problem
Goodbye!!!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The club advertised in The Argus regularly last season to shift match day tickets. It's not unusual at all. Yesterday afternoon Burnley'sofficial Twitter account said they'd sold 430 tickets...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So not only are we being encouraged to buy as many tickets as we like, the club is now advertising the game across the Argus site.

This is the first time I've seen display advertising for a Brighton match and I'm not criticising it, I'm just curious about its appearance. It makes sense to promote our games in local media but I do wonder whether we're going to see a record number of empty seats tomorrow.

Still holiday season. And a Bank Holiday weekend to boot. Folks have other things to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here