Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Looking for a Flat

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Hi Thanks for reaching out, sorry about ll the negative comments, I think it is wise to ask locals for their views in an area that you don't know as well as they do.

If it helps I viewed a lovely 2 bed new build flat opposite Hove Park, its a lovely area and although a flat had a private rear garden and communal gardens so may be a worth a look for you and you pets, they're ground floor as well and in your price range. Hove Park is a lovely area of our wonderful city, amongst other areas, but that type of thing may fit the bill.

Unfortunately it was a bit beyond our means, but I loved the flat, just couldn't quite push that far. A link of the apartments is below. Anyways its just a thought for whats its worth without the micky taking or hate of where you're looking to move from. Good luck in your search.

Good luck!
:ban: ;)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Hi Thanks for reaching out, sorry about ll the negative comments, I think it is wise to ask locals for their views in an area that you don't know as well as they do.

If it helps I viewed a lovely 2 bed new build flat opposite Hove Park, its a lovely area and although a flat had a private rear garden and communal gardens so may be a worth a look for you and you pets, they're ground floor as well and in your price range. Hove Park is a lovely area of our wonderful city, amongst other areas, but that type of thing may fit the bill.

Unfortunately it was a bit beyond our means, but I loved the flat, just couldn't quite push that far. A link of the apartments is below. Anyways its just a thought for whats its worth without the micky taking or hate of where you're looking to move from. Good luck in your search.

Good luck!

Thinly disguised advertisement for a stupidly overpriced flat.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Also Brighton at the time was pretty rundown and certainly not the hip cool desirable city it is now.
I bought my first flat about 1990 and I remember loads of flats on the market in period regency properties, Palmeira Square and the like, seemed to barely shift - in the 30 thousands from memory.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
IIRC my first naive investment in the property market at the age of nineteen was buying a victorian 3 bed terraced house off Blatchington Road for 18.5K with my then partner, a Barclays investment advisor 10 years my senior.

A very wise investment it proved and when we split and sold it 4 years later it would have provided a very solid sum had I not discovered the delights of Sergeant Yorkes, Hove Sporting Club and a few other fine traditional Brighton establishments in the interim :blush:

Last edited:

zanetalubar

Jul 10, 2024
Thanks for all the responses, some good and some bad, but surprising how many people did take the time to reply, so thank you all.

I understand that I may be out of town looking to move to your City, but this just shows how attractive your city is to "outsiders". I didn't know if posting on any of the forums would yield any helpful information, but it has indeed, thank you so much for the advices and suggested area. I look forward to spending more time looking at flats in areas suggested and all going well settling on the South Coast in the not to distant future.

Thanks again

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Thanks for all the responses, some good and some bad, but surprising how many people did take the time to reply, so thank you all.

I understand that I may be out of town looking to move to your City, but this just shows how attractive your city is to "outsiders". I didn't know if posting on any of the forums would yield any helpful information, but it has indeed, thank you so much for the advices and suggested area. I look forward to spending more time looking at flats in areas suggested and all going well settling on the South Coast in the not to distant future.

Thanks again
Can I ask why do you want to move to Brighton?

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill

Good luck!

Are we likely to hear from you again?

Thanks again

Out of interest, did you try any other forums and did they yield as helpful information?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here