Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lisa Marie sells Presleys Estate

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Elvis Presley's daughter Lisa Marie Presley has agreed to sell 85% of his estate to businessman Robert FX Sillerman in a deal worth $100m (£51m).
He will run Presley's Memphis home Graceland, will own Elvis' name and likeness, the rights to his photographs and revenue from his music and films.

Lisa Marie will retain possession of Graceland and many of her father's "personal effects".

Mr Sillerman founded music and sports promotion agency SFX Entertainment.

'Most significant icon'

Presley starred in 31 films and has sold over a billion records. More than 600,000 people visit Graceland each year, where the singer died in 1977.

Elvis Presley Enterprises generated $45m (£23m) in revenue in 2003 and $38m (£19m) from January to September this year.

Mr Sillerman called Presley the "most significant icon in American pop culture" and said more aggressive marketing could make him an even bigger earner.

As Presley's only child, Lisa Marie is the sole heir to the estate, most of which is now to become part of a publicly-traded company that will be called CKX Inc.

Lisa Marie Presley said: "My greatest responsibility to my father is to preserve and protect his legacy, and this is an exciting new structure that opens up an incredible array of opportunities."

Debts cleared

The agreement will pay her $53m (£27m) in cash and absolve her of $25m (£12m) in debts owed by the estate. She will also receive shares in the new company expected to be worth more than $20m (£10m).

Lisa Marie Presley, who was previously married to pop singer Michael Jackson and actor Nicolas Cage, launched her own recording career in 2003.

Actress Priscilla Presley, Lisa Marie's mother and Presley's former wife, will remain executive consultant to the business.

Sillerman said he expected the sale to be completed within two months, pending standard regulatory approval.

Not sure if this a good thing or not?

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Re: Re: Lisa Marie sells Presleys Estate

Titanic said:
Not sure if I care!

alright just trying to add some variety to the board rather than everyone wallowing in misery

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I care.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
"Elvis Presley Enterprises generated $45m (£23m) in revenue in 2003 and $38m (£19m) from January to September this year. "

So she sold it all for £51 million? She could have earnt that every two and abit years!

Aug 12, 2003
Gothenburg, Sweden
I care too!

Mind you, I don't think that EPE actually own the music, only the image and name, so it is up to BMG-Sony as to what songs are issued, I think that is right!!

Or maybe the estate only own the rights to the songs after 1973. In 1973 Col Parker was getting very short of cash because of alleged gambling debts, so he talked Elvis into selling the rights to all the music up to that point to what was then RCA records for what is now a very small amount of money.

Frank Worthington would have known all this for sure.

In terms of remixes and stuff, there are rumours that the Neptunes did a stonking remix of IN THE GHETTO which did not get the ok to be released.

Also, next year BMG are re-issuing all of Elvis's 18 UK number one singles as both CD singles and limited edition 10 inch vinyl singles, one every week starting in January. They are hoping that each one will chart each week.

That would be interesting! Be a nice follow up to his last three top ten hit singles - 2002 A Little Less Conversation number one, 2003 Rubberneckin' number five 2004 That's All Right number three.

Now, what were we talking about before all this Elvis stuff? Did we sell someone or something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here