Extras: 19

Total 52.0 overs (for 6 wickets) 193

Bowling Mushy!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
196/6.

Mushy has bowled 19 overs straight. Kevin Innes has been shit although his second spell has been more stingy. If he'd managed to bowl reasonably earlier on we could have got the batsmen bogged down by spin at either end and had them all out by now. As it is, I reckon they're looking at a score of nearly 300.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
I see Mr Smith of Kent is motoring on nicely now, just needs 14 more runs to be the first player to 1,000 for the season :blues:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Beeneys gloves said:
I see Mr Smith of Kent is motoring on nicely now, just needs 14 more runs to be the first player to 1,000 for the season :blues:

You'll have noticed that Kent are enjoying themselves against 3rd placed Lancashire. It's nice to see our pony friends doing us a favour. 320/3 or something. It goes without saying that Robert "crap" Key was out for just a single in what was obviously a very difficult batting wicket. :rolleyes:

How can a batsman like him get to play for England?

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
Leicestershire Innings

J K Maunders lbw b R J Kirtley 0
D I Stevens st T R Ambrose b Mushtaq Ahmed 51
D L Maddy lbw b Mushtaq Ahmed 30
B J Hodge c R R Montgomerie b Mushtaq Ahmed 47
T R Ward lbw b Mushtaq Ahmed 4
P A Nixon b Mushtaq Ahmed 4
J N Snape b R J Kirtley 36
P A J DeFreitas not out 69
D D Masters run out 0
C E Dagnall not out 0

Extras: 29

Total 74.3 overs (for 8 wickets) 270

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
B minus for the day. Should have been better. Hopefully we can post a strong score against quite a weak Leicester bowling attiack 51-0 is a good start.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
hmm shame about old daffy hey?! never mind! bowling mushy- is he gonna get 100 wickets??

we gotta be looking for a big 500+ and then bowl at them for 2 days.

in the bag i reckon!!

and i say again- BBBBOOOWWWLLLIIINNGGGG MMMUUSSSSHHHYYYY

AAAADDDDAAAAMMMMMMSSS OOOOUUUUUUTTTTTT

GGGGOOOOODDDDEEEEERRRSSSSS FFOOORRRR CCCAAAPPPPTTTTAAAAIIIIINNNN!!!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
mona said:
Why did Jason Lewry only get 6 overs while Innes (nice but can't bowl) got 12 overs and was taken apart?

Grrrrrrrrr, this could cock up our chances...

Jason Lewry gave Sussex an injury worry on the first day of their Championship match with Leicestershire yesterday.

The left-armer has been ruled out for at least ten days after suffering a side strain on the opening day at Grace Road.

Lewry, who returned his best match figures for two years against Essex at Arundel last week, was only able to bowl six overs.

Director of cricket Peter Moores said: "We'll know more tomorrow once it settles down, but it doesn't look too good at the moment.

"He came out of his action a fraction in his fifth over. Fortunately it is quite low down on his side. When it's a strain higher up in the rib area you can be looking at being out for 6-8 weeks."

In Lewry's absence Sussex did well to dismiss the first division's bottom county for 320 with Mushtaq Ahmed taking his season's tally to 60 wickets with 5-93.

The Foxes were struggling at 154-6 and 251-8 but skipper Phil DeFreitas came to their rescue with 103, the tenth century of his career.

Sussex reached 51-0 in reply by the close and Moores believes posting a big first innings total is the key to their hopes of a sixth Championship victory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here