Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester v Boro on SKY tonight

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Yes , they have gambled on getting there this season and could be f***ed if it goes tits up

I know what you mean, like Cardiff in seasons past, but this time they both have good managers and relentless spending on much sought after players at each transfer window.

Whilst Hull, Palace, Boro, Forest, et seq keep slipping up with occasional draws and losses.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I know what you mean, like Cardiff in seasons past, but this time they both have good managers and relentless spending on much sought after players at each transfer window.

Whilst Hull, Palace, Boro, Forest, et seq keep slipping up with occasional draws and losses.

Throwing everything at it, Cardiff want Frazier Campbell, to get the big money next season but could end in tears if they don't especially with the FFP coming in

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Money talks.

Cardiff and Leicester have assembled highly paid squads giving vast losses covered by overseas billionaires.

Both heading for the PL.

Yes these two certs for promotion on what I saw tonight Cardiff miles clear and Leicester look good. Think Hull will fall away and we need to win the games in hand and we will finish 5th or 6th. Home and away we can beat anybody in the play offs.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
When we played them at the KP we were really really poor for 30 minutes, looking like we would get a right battering. Then we had a go and Leicester looked ordinary. We could have nicked a draw but for the penalty miss. The best bit of the night was a very young Albion fan scoring a real cracker of a penalty against a Leicester keeper in the half time entertainment, then 2nd half when it mattered most Barnes fluffed the one that really counted.

Leicester were not anything special back then but now they have Chris Woods I think they will be up there. Even so they will be cannon fodder in the Prem.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This time last year:

English League Championship 2011-2012 Table - statto.com

I think we must build for next year (with Watford and Palace) but we might be missing our full backs if we do not go close this year.

We'd lost 10 games at this point last year. We're harder to beat this season. Just need to be more clinical in front of goal and some of those draws will become 3 points - and we're in the playoffs.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
8585 at the game tonight.

Surely Leicester would have counted the season ticket holders who didn't turn up, like us?

Would be very interesting if the Albion played in similar circumstances and had an obviously low crowd and how could they possible announce a crowd of well over 20k and keep a straight face?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Throwing everything at it, Cardiff want Frazier Campbell, to get the big money next season but could end in tears if they don't especially with the FFP coming in

Difficult to see how they won't be top 2 .. they might even wrap it up by end of March looking at their fixtures.

Agree also that play offs are best we can hope for. 3 aways on the spin, will be interesting where we are after that lot ... 6/7 points would set us up nicely I reckon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here