Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laura Kuenssberg - Political Editor of the BBC

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Could very well be right - or simply getting her ducks in a row knowing they were going to be mullered.

What I do remember in favour of the pro-Tory argument was she had a face like a smacked arse on election night when it became clear what a kicking they were getting.
Yes but when I sat in the home family section with my mate Nils at the New Den, and Forster scored the only goal of the match, I had a face like a smacked arse.

I may have even tutted.

But inside I was pissing myself. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Boris Johnson book is being promoted and serialised now to coincide with the Tory Party conference. It often happens.

Your Tory analysis seems potty. Reform cost the Tories a large number of seats and will do so again unless they address the issue. They can’t afford to ignore them. There was no “massive number of voters moving to Labour.” The Labour vote went down yet people still misinterpret the huge majority of parliamentary seats as a big endorsement of them. It’s 100% a reflection of the crazy electoral system we have.

If you take a random, representative sample of 5 people on the street, just 1 would have voted Labour, 2 would have voted for parties other than Labour, and 2 wouldn’t have bothered voting at all. Yet Labour still win a huge landslide and many people pretend that there’s some massive tidal wave of support for the party. There isn’t.

The Tories were deeply unpopular at the election. Most people who voted, me included, did so to get them out. Only a minority of people actually seemed to vote positively for an alternative. The sooner we get some form of PR the better.
You fancy a Tory-Reform coalition, then?

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Yes but when I sat in the home family section with my mate Nils at the New Den, and Forster scored the only goal of the match, I had a face like a smacked arse.

I may have even tutted.

But inside I was pissing myself. :lolol:
I was in the home crowd too that day (as I thought it was safer after 1 or 2 previous experiences at The Den - pretty sure it wasn't the new one) and did exactly the same thing 🙂.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here