Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kyle Lafferty

GullysGirlsPimp

Aug 24, 2011
Sussex- By-The-Sea
I see Kyle Lafferty has had a bust up with Rangers, and as they want the money, i reckon we could get him on the cheap.

Do you reckon this is someone we should go for? Has a fairly decent goalscoring record, however not proven in England!

Thoughts?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I really don't want this to sound arrogant, as it seems ridiculous for BRIGHTON to not be interested in a player from Rangers, but 30 goals in 100 games, playing up front for a side which creates DOZENS of chances against tin-pot opposition every week, isn't all that great.

Having said that, I've been hugely impressed with how Jelavic has done at Everton :shrug:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
No thanks, that league is utterly utterly shit.

Gary O'Connor, Sandaza, Paul Heffernan, and Scott Vernon all left English football because they couldn't hack it. They are on the top goalscorers list in Scotland.

Sums the league up.

GullysGirlsPimp

Aug 24, 2011
Sussex- By-The-Sea
I really don't want this to sound arrogant, as it seems ridiculous for BRIGHTON to not be interested in a player from Rangers, but 30 goals in 100 games, playing up front for a side which creates DOZENS of chances against tin-pot opposition every week, isn't all that great.

Having said that, I've been hugely impressed with how Jelavic has done at Everton :shrug:

Jelavic has been brilliant and i can imagine it will only be a matter of time before he joins a bigger club than everton. I feel Lafferty has alot to prove and i think with the right team and right guidance he can shine, watched a few games whens he played and he's very good at finding space and drifting away from the defenders, his record could be better but he has suffered alot with injuries over the last 6 months or so.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
In fact, the top goalscorer in Scotland currently, above Gary Hooper, was let go by HARTLEPOOL after failing to impress at Bury, Grimsby, and Stockport.

Sums that tinpot league up nicely.

Not denying Jelavic has done well, because he's looked good, but it's still early days. Just look at Kenny Miller, used to knock them in for fun in Scotland and has hardly impressed this season at Cardiff.

The only striker i think i'd take is Gary Hooper, but we've no chance.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
At 6'5" Lafferty offers something a bit different to what we have and he is quite useful in the air. He has previous Championship experience if memory serves and if he didn't excel he didn't fail either given that he earned a big money transfer to Glasgow.. His time in Scotland will have enhanced his experience and he is still quite young. Maybe he is trouble and maybe not but the quality of man management at Glasgow and Celtic seems to be lacking somewhat (almost pre-disposed to encouraging loutish behaviour from what I see) so that might not be a total stumbling block. Sure there is a lot not to like but there could just be something there too. All Rangers players can walk away from their contracts if they choose to as part of the deal done with the administrators to defer wages so the cost would largely be limited to a contract. Assuming he wouldn't be looking for another tax deferral scheme after the trouble that has landed everyone in at Rangers he might not be out of our reach. One to consider in my view - I'd prefer Futaks from Pompey who has some of the same attributes but I wouldn't just rule Lafferty out.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Wouldn't be the worst signing but there are bound to be better options out there plus, coming from Rangers I suspect wages and 'big fish, small pond' mentality would cause issues...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Don't want him. :wanker:

I can't see YouTube at work.

Is that the video of the incident on the touchline where he COMPLETELY feigns being hit in the face, and gets someone sent off ?

Because thats exactly the incident I recall whenever I see or hear of Lafferty, and I've had him pegged as a pathetic piece of shit ever since. I've been hoping he'd pick up a serious injury of some sort, no luck yet though.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
one of the biggest tossers in football and would not want him anywhere near this club. Every bit as bad as El-hadji diouf in my eyes, but at least diouf was a decent prem player

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here