Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert completes Fulham move

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not higher, but the most OTT transfer fee received was the Million that Celtic paid us for Adam Virgo.

You'd almost think McGhee and Strachan were ex team mates and old pals......

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
You'd almost think McGhee and Strachan were ex team mates and old pals......

Makes up for the terrible fees we've received for some players in the past - Dean Saunders springs immediately to mind...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yup. But Potter's is the only one that matters.

Knockaert isn't good enough for the Premier League; Potter could evidently see that right away.

Yes Potter’s view is the only one that counts, but as per the original point it would have been interesting to see how he fared in a Potter team.

I suspect there’s more to this than we’ll ever know and the decision had been made prior to Potters arrival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Knockaert isn't good enough for the Premier League; Potter could evidently see that right away.

I think that's a bit of an oversimplification. It might be that he wasn't the right fit for Potter personality wise, or tactically flexible enough for Potter's system, or a number of other issues. We've seen many players fail at one club then thrive at another of a similar level.

The right manager and right team could see Knocky do alright in the bottom half of the Prem, IMO. However Potter realised that wasn't with him, which is fair enough.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

You're like a stuck record. You keep saying this, but he was voted best player on the pitch against one of the best teams in the world in the FA Cup Semi.

I'd be interested to know which players you think are 'good enough' for the Premier League. Solly March? Dale Stephens? Montoya?

Knockheart is certainly as good as some players who are regular starters in average PL teams. He obviously can't be compared to the best Man City or Liverpool have, but then if he was he wouldn't have been playing for us.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Magnificent player in his pomp that gave the club so many highlights. I don't think we've had a player that was so dominant in his division in all the time I've been watching the Albion. Maybe Zamora? But he was never voted the player of the division as far as I can remember.

He never really caught fire in the premier league but still had his moments, Palace away being the obvious one.

What a reception he will get if he ever plays again at the amex. I hope he can take Fulham up and he can receive it next year. More than anything though I echo the poster who wished him finding peace and happiness. He had a turbulent time off the field with us, he gave us so much happiness on it, it's only fair that he has it off it.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
You're like a stuck record. You keep saying this, but he was voted best player on the pitch against one of the best teams in the world in the FA Cup Semi.

I'd be interested to know which players you think are 'good enough' for the Premier League. Solly March? Dale Stephens? Montoya?

Knockheart is certainly as good as some players who are regular starters in average PL teams. He obviously can't be compared to the best Man City or Liverpool have, but then if he was he wouldn't have been playing for us.

Well said... ability is clearly not an issue with Knocky. Must be more to it, attitude or temperament most likely.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I watched the Fulham game closely last night. Knocky had about 8 touches. Two handballs and a booking. One glorious cross that should have resulted in a goal. Subbed off in the second half. Probably 12 or 13 of the other blokes on the pitch had a better game. If I were a *Cottager I'd be scratching my head.

*No silly jokes, now, please.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Knocky gave us some fantastic moments - e.g. goal at Selhurst - and will always be an Albion legend for me. I wish him and Fulham every success, except when they play us bien sur.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
This thread appears to be missing some stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMbskUhqiFk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAkI2huvJ-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClQVWSJFnZg

Despite all of the great stuff on the pitch, this is the way I'll always remember Knocky. Looking back at the first video and seeing how few are left makes me so nostalgic for the journey. He was the heart of that squad and he wore his own so clearly on his sleeve you couldn't help but get caught up in all of his emotions.

He was so often brilliant. He had games where he harrumphed and sulked that the world was against him. He played the FA Cup Semi like his life depended on it. He put Palace to the sword in front of their own fans. He lived every minute of it like he was a fan.

These videos and the comments on this thread show how much he loved and was loved and how special football can be. He's gone and so is Chris Hughton, and the BFG, and Goldson, and Stockdale and Murphy and Bongy and Tomer and Sam and Liam. Some have retired, some didn't come with us and those that aren't gone yet will be at some point, but in another way they are all with us forever. For me it'll always be the smiling face of that wonderful crazy little genius that will transport me back to that precious time when the seemingly impossible became actual reality and the whole town went out on the lash: #together.

Good luck and au revoir Monsieur. For you and Brighton, it can only ever be au revoir and not goodbye. There will always be something of you left here to bring you home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here