Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

juan roman riquelme

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
If he signed I would get caught touching myself on the Football League Show on a weekly basis - where I'm sat I'm VERY visible if we score in front of the North!!!!

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Saw him play for Boca a couple of years ago and he was shit. Overweight, slow and uninterested. That league is about League 1 level at best, I don't think he could cut it in the Championship nowadays.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Saw him play for Boca a couple of years ago and he was shit. Overweight, slow and uninterested. That league is about League 1 level at best, I don't think he could cut it in the Championship nowadays.

:down:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Just shows that we spend too much time looking at highlites, even in his pomp you could see maybe he was a wee bit heavy, although Argentinians do seem to be squatter.

He was at his peak quite brilliant but it seems he's had his day.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Oh f*** off.

I'm sorry. That was uncalled for.

f***ing f*** OFF.

That's better

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Oh f*** off.

I'm sorry. That was uncalled for.

f***ing f*** OFF.

That's better

Don't get me wrong, I still want him, just so I can see 'Riquelme' printed on a Brighton shirt. He wouldn't have to play or anything, he could just jog up and down the touchline with Vicente every now and then.

In the game I saw he just strolled around the middle for an hour or so spraying the odd decent ball around, and then once he got knackered / bored he calmly walked up to the opposition player about to take a corner and kicked him, ending his Sunday afternoon kickabout with an early bath. Nice work if you can get it.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I heard Pele's available on a free. And with his contacts, he'd be a great help to those struggling to get a satisfying FLAIRection.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
While I'm sure Commander is correct, I will remember him as the player I saw in La Liga and just drool for a few hours at the thought of that player gracing the Amex in a blue and white shirt.

No need to let reality and sense get in the way of a good afternoons worth of enjoyable FLAIRection day dreaming.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I was, i was implying we had better players than him.....WHO??????

The Riquelme of even just a couple of years back would be comfortably one of the best players in the Premiership, never mind the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here