Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Richardson

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Don't forget the legend that is Barry Glendenning!

Nah. Glendenning is okay because he can be quite funny, but he has some pretty shocking attitudes towards football and is another of those pundits who would slot well into the BBC as he seems to have absolutely no knowledge of anything lower than the Premiership. Always seems to help a pundit if they support a lower league team before coming into punditry rather than supporting Liverpool and consequently never having the need to watch anything other than top flight.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Good presenter, but not very knowledgeable about football in my opinion. No doubt a smashing fella.

Glendenning, can be funny, but again you feel he has come late to football.

I've got to agree that he's a smashing fella and good presenter. IMHO, he has the perfect amount of general football knowledge for a presenter (and a very strong knowledge of Italian football). Surely a presenter is there to weave it all together and bring the knowledge out of others, rather than spout their own knowledge the whole time? With Football Weekly in particular, there's the likes of John Ashdown, Raphael Honigstein, Jonathan Wilson and Sid Lowe for the more factual & deeper insight - Jimbo & Baz certainly know enough to hold their own but add the comedy and, to a degree, the layman's input.

I can't stand the majority of ex-Pros who have moved into the football media - they are all too smug and too involved in the old boys network to criticise modern football or footballers. Alan Shearer being asked to condemn West Brom's Jara for use of the elbow the other night was a classic Pot/Kettle situation - who's going to take him seriously?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here