Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Travelling at 80 on clear motorways or dual carriageways is no more dangerous than 70, it is against the law though so suck it up if you get caught :smile: Driving fast on wet roads, in fog, in heavy traffic (lane switching) is moronic. All just imo
It is marginally more dangerous. Imagine a line between 50 mph and 150 mph, the danger increases as your speed increases. That said there are definitely times when it is safer to be doing an illegal 80 on this lovely clear motorway you speak of compared with a legal 70 on a very busy motorway.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
With reports in the media that Moder has been offered as part of a cash plus player deal to Leicester, where does that leave him if the deal collapses ?
I thought he was starting to regain that form and could definitely be included in next seasons squad, surely he is now in the shop window, what motivation would you have to continue playing for the club if no suiters came forward and meet our valuation.
Pretty dangerous game to play, but maybe he is looking to move on.
Shame I like him a lot to be honest, he could in time be comparable to Pascal.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
With reports in the media that Moder has been offered as part of a cash plus player deal to Leicester, where does that leave him if the deal collapses ?
I thought he was starting to regain that form and could definitely be included in next seasons squad, surely he is now in the shop window, what motivation would you have to continue playing for the club if no suiters came forward and meet our valuation.
Sadly I've given up on him. I've always wanted him to be the next Pascal but for me he flatters to deceive, even before his injury. He never changes the game, he's not a goal threat and I don't think he'll amount to anything other than a squad player here.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Sadly I've given up on him. I've always wanted him to be the next Pascal but for me he flatters to deceive, even before his injury. He never changes the game, he's not a goal threat and I don't think he'll amount to anything other than a squad player here.
I get the frustration with his potential, there is a very good player in there and the right manager could well unleash a beast, just like Pascal kind of seemed to be on the peripheral of the squad, with some encouragement and the right man management he excelled, I am kind of hoping for the same.
If we did sell him, what would his value be ?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I'm sure he'd still be motivated... there's a World Cup in two years. But I think he's off to somewhere or another.
I get the frustration with his potential, there is a very good player in there and the right manager could well unleash a beast, just like Pascal kind of seemed to be peripheral of the squad and with some encouragement and right man management he excelled, I am kind of hoping for the same.
If we did sell him, what would his value be ?
Pascal Gross has been a key player for Brighton since day one while Jakub Moder since signing 4 years ago has produced nothing of value in Brighton. His last PL goal or assist came in December 2021 against Brentford. Since then he's played in more than 30 games without scoring or assisting. And for the most part he hasn't even been close.

If anything, Moder could probably turn into a decent defensive midfielder. But he's 25 now and unlikely to become much better.

Thinking Hurzeler will "fix" Moder is imho a pretty wild guess. Bit like when people thought Potter would "fix" Ali J or that Alzate and Sarmiento would thrive under RDZs style of play. Sometimes a player just isn't quite good enough. If it wasn't for that long term injury, things could have been different today, but as things turned out the best option is to sell/trade him.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The last time he played more than 2 consecutive 90 minutes was over 2 years ago, when he was 22.
During that season he played in multiple different positions.
Not sure it's fair to write him off on that basis.

The one attribute he has, that is in short supply, is pace.
Personally, I would keep hold of him.

IMO, the only reason to sell him, would be his contract situation.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The last time he played more than 2 consecutive 90 minutes was over 2 years ago, when he was 22.
During that season he played in multiple different positions.
Not sure it's fair to write him off on that basis.

The one attribute he has, that is in short supply, is pace.
Personally, I would keep hold of him.

IMO, the only reason to sell him, would be his contract situation.
What position would he play though?

Potter and RDZ never really played him in the centre of midfield or as a defensive midfielder. He wasn’t trusted for some reason. As an attacking force, his goals and assist stats are incredibly disappointing (pre-injury and post injury).

He looks good on the ball and seems like a great guy but I just don’t know where he’d fit in. And in terms of ‘utility’ players who can fill in in multiple positions, we currently have Groß, Milner and Hinshelwood. I don’t think we need him.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

It's a curiosity of mine why we changed from a team who couldn't score against Norwich and hadn't won since the Titanic sank to beating Arsenal, Man Utd and others on our way to a top half finish under Potter. It all coincided with Moders unfortunate injury and Potter picking Caciedo instead. We returned to Brighton 0 late last season upon his - albeit largely cameo - return.

I'm not for one minute suggesting this is all down to Moder but it is odd how we've never been free scoring with him in the team. It also shows for all the statistics and analysis how much is down to luck. He was always a mainstay under Potter who was forced into change and then we suddenly flew. For whatever reason, I just don't think Moder suits us.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
What position would he play though?

Potter and RDZ never really played him in the centre of midfield or as a defensive midfielder. He wasn’t trusted for some reason. As an attacking force, his goals and assist stats are incredibly disappointing (pre-injury and post injury).

He looks good on the ball and seems like a great guy but I just don’t know where he’d fit in. And in terms of ‘utility’ players who can fill in in multiple positions, we currently have Groß, Milner and Hinshelwood. I don’t think we need him.
As it stands, we don't know where anyone is going to fit in, though do we?
Gross and Milner won't be with us next season, and may not feature much/at all this season.

New manager will identify what attributes he needs.
If pace is deemed important, Moder has Gross, Hinchelwood and Milner beaten out of the park.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
As it stands, we don't know where anyone is going to fit in, though do we?
Gross and Milner won't be with us next season, and may not feature much/at all this season.

New manager will identify what attributes he needs.
If pace is deemed important, Moder has Gross, Hinchelwood and Milner beaten out of the park.
Milner off ?
I thought he signed a new contract, I know he wont play much, but won't be with us, I missed that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here