Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Robinson on loan to Luton

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I always thought he would make an impact at League One or League Two level. Obviously just hasn't happened for him.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
One of the biggest disappointments in recent Albion players. Always looked technically good and a helluva shot on him but never progressed. Not sure how he'll cope through a winter at Luton in the Conference.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lets hope he continues to be bafflingly crap because I f***ing hate Luton and their pikey fans.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wondered what was going on for a moment, then I realised I was confusing Jake Robinson with Jake Forster-Caskey

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Will never forget him tearing apart the then-not-quite-completely-past-it taribo west. One of the most unfulfilled Albion youth prospects ever. Still, only needs to make £750 a week at that level to live a pretty comfortable existence, so guess he's fine with it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Poor lad. I did say the other week, that I expected him to drop down to non-league soon, but did not think it would be this soon.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I don't understand it, how can a player with such potential go from scoring 2 hat tricks for us in 2 months at the age of 16/17 to drop to playing non league about 7 years later.

drew

Drew
NSC Patron
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Will never forget him tearing apart the then-not-quite-completely-past-it taribo west. One of the most unfulfilled Albion youth prospects ever. Still, only needs to make £750 a week at that level to live a pretty comfortable existence, so guess he's fine with it.

Would be ok if it was index linked and payable till he retires. Unfortunately, he has to be reasonably successful to maintain that he's only going to earn it for a few more years!!! Will need to start thinking about life after football!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I don't understand it, how can a player with such potential go from scoring 2 hat tricks for us in 2 months at the age of 16/17 to drop to playing non league about 7 years later.

I have posted this before - but a senior player who had been at top level clubs gave the opinion to a trusted friend early on that Robinson would not make it as he did not have what it takes between his ears. I thought it sounded like rubbish at the time - but he has not fulfilled the potential that we all wished. There must be many things that go to make a successful career, or which talent is only one.

Whenever I see his name the phrase "Denton Destroyer" comes to my mind.

Having said that - he has been a professional player and played for the Albion. He is a lucky and talented lad.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Would be ok if it was index linked and payable till he retires. Unfortunately, he has to be reasonably successful to maintain that he's only going to earn it for a few more years!!! Will need to start thinking about life after football!

He did tweet a story about a Crawley player he played with at Shrewsbury that quit the game at 32 to become a teacher, so is obviously conscious...

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

Was it not 2 hatricks in a week. Hudds and Northwich

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I have posted this before - but a senior player who had been at top level clubs gave the opinion to a trusted friend early on that Robinson would not make it as he did not have what it takes between his ears. I thought it sounded like rubbish at the time - but he has not fulfilled the potential that we all wished. There must be many things that go to make a successful career, or which talent is only one.

I always feel like I'm over-generalising in my head when the thought farts itself out of my stupid noggin, but I've always sensed, from reading his Twitter regularly, that he has more going on in his mind (not to say that he doesn't frequently tweet pap) than your average footballer. I think that's bad for a striker who relies on being instinctive. He's possibly too nice. Not sure how I'd feel if one of the Albion strikers spent most of the day tweeting in-depth about the NFL.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I hope he does well and career is resurrected.

Great bloke. Remember him coming up to Carlisle a few seasons back when he wasn't playing. He did the BHALBA sponsored shirt draw.

Good on him I say.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here