Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jack Hinshelwood [9/4/24: new deal to 2028]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I watched the first half and it was as dull as f***. Jack under instructions not to run forward or try anything vaguely interesting.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Since his first start in that awful game against Villa the only team to have beaten the Albion when JH was in the starting XI is Chelsea.

And they don't count because they are ****s.
Once he gets in the team, he makes himself undroppable, be it under De Zerbi or Hürzeler. Both managers are happy to find a position for him, even if it’s not his best.

Is it because of his speed? His strength? His shooting? His passing? His defending?

No.

It’s because he is a teenager but has the footballing brain of a 30yr+ top half Premier League footballer.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Once he gets in the team, he makes himself undroppable, be it under De Zerbi or Hürzeler. Both managers are happy to find a position for him, even if it’s not his best.

Is it because of his speed? His strength? His shooting? His passing? His defending?

No.

It’s because he is a teenager but has the footballing brain of a 30yr+ top half Premier League footballer.
Yep. I love the fact we replaced Gross with a youth player and gave him a season of playing with Pascal before he left.

Even by our standards that is immaculate forward planning!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
@Bozza and I were discussing this watching today's game. We concluded that Hinsh tends to do the hard work that rarely gets noticed. The closing down, blocking passing routes and simple passes that don't get plaudits, but he does it well.

In an FA Cup Final 35 years ago I remember David Coleman describing an Arsenal midfielder David Price as fulfilling that unsung role. Effective at everything, making life easier for those around them.

Ronnie Whelan was another player of that ilk.

Last edited:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I think managers will always just play a player they feel they can trust. And with Jack the bare minimum you get is hard work, running himself into the ground, and that counts for a lot in terms of that trust.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just checked and he’s played all but 24 minutes in the league this season. Thats absolutely phenomenal for a player of his age and no one else comes close accept Lewis Dunk who has only played 9 minutes more.
IMG_5967.jpeg

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
This is good, but does need to be managed. It’s fine just now, but once O’Riley, Milner and others are back/have joined I think he’ll be rotated for his own protection as much as anything.

Going to be a top young player if he carries on like this - and I can see Chelsea excitedly rubbing their thighs already…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here