Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] It’s going to be a long season for

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Crystal Palace can't go down. Not with the squad they have compared to the others down there... it would be absolutely amazing level of failure. As I see it, no way it is happening. They're not going to have a great lot of fun this season but they should "comfortably" (ish) climb up to around 15th.

Similar (but not quite) goes for Wolves. Pretty much everyone of their players walk into the starting lineups of the newcomers. I think they'll stay up in the end.

The other four are the main candidates to go down. Everton has a starting eleven that is far stronger than those of the newcomers, but beyond the first eleven or twelve players, they have very low quality. They are also unlikely to be able to do anything in the January window to sort out their situation.

The newcomers are shite and I expect Southampton and Ipswich to be firmly sat in the relegation zone in a couple of months. Leicester has a bit more going for them and I could see them taking 30 points or so which may or may not be enough to stay up this season.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
The Leicester game against Man United is a cup game. You are Ashley Barnes and I claim my £5.

You’ve also got Everton and Ipswich both picking up 0 points from their clash so I’m assuming you are hinting at some sort of abandonment.
Sorry that was a typo!

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Went to Leicester on Saturday. I presume their more sensible fans will know they’ll not get many wins playing like that.

We were toothless but still pinned them in their own half for 2/3 of the match but couldn’t score.

Obviously they’ll need to keep your lad on loan, not sure if it’s a whole season.

The git ;)

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
It goes to show the big gap between the Championship and the Premier League now. There’s a lot of “big teams” in that league, but it’s the quality of the players that just seem to be the big divide.
Southampton and Ipswich can look brilliant in the Championship one season, and be absolutely diabolical in the Premier League the next…who was the last team to go up and stay up? Fulham?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Southampton are utter Dros and will be relegated before Easter. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them rival Sheff Uniteds form of last season potentially even Derby however they will know doubt nick a point or two off of us.

Leicester and Ipswich will give it a fair go but it will take a lot for them to stay up. I hope one of them does as it’s a bad look for the league with city winning it every year and no one able to stay up after they get promoted.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
It’s the bottom 6 we struggled with last season….
It really wasn't. We took 7 points out of 33 possible against the top 36, which is rather awful.

Over the entire season I think we won two (!) games, Spurs and Villa, against teams that were above us in the league table at the time.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Crystal Palace can't go down. Not with the squad they have compared to the others down there... it would be absolutely amazing level of failure. As I see it, no way it is happening. They're not going to have a great lot of fun this season but they should "comfortably" (ish) climb up to around 15th.

Similar (but not quite) goes for Wolves. Pretty much everyone of their players walk into the starting lineups of the newcomers. I think they'll stay up in the end.

The other four are the main candidates to go down. Everton has a starting eleven that is far stronger than those of the newcomers, but beyond the first eleven or twelve players, they have very low quality. They are also unlikely to be able to do anything in the January window to sort out their situation.

The newcomers are shite and I expect Southampton and Ipswich to be firmly sat in the relegation zone in a couple of months. Leicester has a bit more going for them and I could see them taking 30 points or so which may or may not be enough to stay up this season.
I think the deciding factor will be injuries. None of the teams have much depth so a bad run of injuries, especially to key players will tip the balance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here