Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It's a team game, even when you're not in the team...

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Is it the time to say we won the first two games of the season with Steele in the team and Steele was playing better than Verbruggen is now with the latter not receiving anywhere near the pelters Steele was constantly getting? No, thought not.
Definitely think he would have saved their 2nd

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I really admire Steele actually. Everything I’ve seen of him suggests he’s the nicest bloke and really supportive even though he’s rarely been the first choice here apart from his time in the sun with RDZ. He and Bart seem to get on really well despite him coming through and basically taking his place. Good on him if he was kicking their arses at half-time!
Absolutely this! And all the more galling when there's been a pile on when he's made an error and yet Bart seems to get a bit of a pass.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I think these comparisons a) are pointless and b) are missing the fact that Steele is as good as he's ever going to be, whereas Bart is going to keep getting better for a few years yet.

If Steele's content to remain as backup keeper, there's nobody I'd rather have for that very specific role.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
100% this. He was a little wasteful when he came on (as was, to a larger extent, Gruda and occasionally Weiffer) but gave his usual intense effort which really helped our press. Seemed really happy (as did everyone) at full time.

I'm not really sure why he's become such a scapegoat. He seems a really nice lad and always adds something to the side for me. It sounds like he will sign a contract extension this season on improved terms (if his agent's comments are anything to go by) and hopefully he'll get back to his electric form that we saw under RDZ soon.
Hope he extends as he will turn into a very good player at some point somewhere. If he doesn't extend we need to sell him though.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Hope he extends as he will turn into a very good player at some point somewhere. If he doesn't extend we need to sell him though.
Yes, absolutely. I'd say he is already a very good player, and he will (providing his injury is behind him) become a world-class player in the future. Hopefully, he extends and gets to that point with us before going onto an elite club. Worth remembering he isn't even 21 yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here