Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Italy elects a 'far right' government

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
This is the big issue that people don’t seem to appreciate. Birth rates mean that unless people work longer and longer then we can’t afford pensions etc. I would be interested to hear the response from people who are anti-immigrants to a question like “do you support immigration if it means you can retire at 66 rather than 73?”

Or
Would you rather having some immigrants joining the economy to allow you to retire at 66 or ban immigrants and work until you are 73?

We could work on the wording but it would make people think a bit more.

As 68 year olds
“Would you rather care for your 93 year old parents with dementia at home and have fewer immigrants or have sufficient care workers and have some help?”

That sort of thing.
Don’t come on here using logic and reasoning

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Another far right party wins the largest vote, this time Austria. In this case, allies of Viktor Orban. No surprises …. inwards migration was the biggest issue. It will dominate European politics for an age.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c8rdygy5888o
It'll only remain as such if politicians continue to fail to confront this issue properly. As has been said in subsequent responses, most European countries have falling birth rates and an ageing population. This means that the ratio of the working to non-working population is shifting. You can put up barriers, but that'll mean that the working age population will have to work more, probably pay more taxes, and do the kind of jobs that they're not overly keen of doing -- such as wiping the arses of all those elderly people that need their arses wiped, and is done by a recent immigrant.
I witnessed my Dad die a long and slow death for nine months recently and it was, on the whole, recent immigrants that were taking care of him, and doing so with such generosity.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Another far right party wins the largest vote, this time Austria. In this case, allies of Viktor Orban. No surprises …. inwards migration was the biggest issue. It will dominate European politics for an age.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c8rdygy5888o
Some delegate oaf has just addressed the main stage at the tory conference wankfestival, to urge that Enock Powell (who was 'disgracefully' ejected from the party) be rehabilitated because he was right about foringers coming over here.

Greeted with some applause and no boos.

Just when it looked like Starmer had cocked up his first few months, along come the Tories to save his day. :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This is the big issue that people don’t seem to appreciate. Birth rates mean that unless people work longer and longer then we can’t afford pensions etc. I would be interested to hear the response from people who are anti-immigrants to a question like “do you support immigration if it means you can retire at 66 rather than 73?”

Or
Would you rather having some immigrants joining the economy to allow you to retire at 66 or ban immigrants and work until you are 73?

We could work on the wording but it would make people think a bit more.

As 68 year olds
“Would you rather care for your 93 year old parents with dementia at home and have fewer immigrants or have sufficient care workers and have some help?”

That sort of thing.
Indeed. And the often heard complaint about hospital services being inadequate because of immigrants isn't compatible with an ageing population. As per @Machiavelli 's sad story it's our elderly who will be in care homes or hospitals and young, fit immigrants who will be looking after them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Having just spent 3 weeks travelling round Italy I was surprised how proud they seemed to be at being in the European Union, with duel flags on all the town halls, where there was an Italian flag there was a EU one next to it.

I was surprised because Farage and his mates are always telling us countries like Italy want out ?
You are surprised that Farage told some lies? ???

Where the f*** have you been for the last 20 years? :lolol:

(I appreciate you were being ironic :thumbsup:
At least, I hope you were.)

• Haha
Reactions: loz

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here