Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Sam Vokes a keeper?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Well Liverpool put 8 past them in two games. That's not exactly the best the prem has too offer so based on that.......

And how many did Man City put past Man Utd earlier this season? are they terrible now...........

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know I will get slated but I do not think that Vokes is the answer to our goalscoring problems whether it be in The Championship or more so in the Premier League. I am sure that there are better about for the same sort of money and if not there will be in the summer.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Well Liverpool put 8 past them in two games. That's not exactly the best the prem has too offer so based on that.......

Technically Liverpool have only put 5 past us this season... :thumbsup:
For the first game our back line was Ankergren, Greer, Calderon, Cook, Vincelot.
For the second game Mattock and Reyes who we'd grown accustomed to somewhat were both cuptied, so we played a centre back as a full back.
Oh, and 4 of the goals we conceded were while we had a left winger at left-back.

I think we can be excused for letting in a few goals against one of the best sides in the country, and I'd say we could survive being promoted. :albion:

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
When Wolves get relegated and Lose Doyle and Fletcher, Vokes wont be available.

I rate Vokes. And will get better, but I think we may go for something a bit better over the summer.

Im desperate to see him and CMS play together though before the end of the season, as a genuine 2 up top.
I think we only may see it if we are needing victories though, while its tight and we are in solid contention we will stick with the current formation.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
When Wolves get relegated and Lose Doyle and Fletcher, Vokes wont be available.

I rate Vokes. And will get better, but I think we may go for something a bit better over the summer.

Im desperate to see him and CMS play together though before the end of the season, as a genuine 2 up top.
I think we only may see it if we are needing victories though, while its tight and we are in solid contention we will stick with the current formation.

This :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we can't keep Vokes then maybe Hoskins will come back a better player anyway? :shrug:

I would prefer that option but it does away with a different option of a target man. Having said that I would like to play Hoskins and CMS and have an older possibly past his best, big target man to bring on for 20 mins as an option if needed somebody like John Carew.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would prefer that option but it does away with a different option of a target man. Having said that I would like to play Hoskins and CMS and have an older possibly past his best, big target man to bring on for 20 mins as an option if needed somebody like John Carew.

I nearly went for you then..... hehe then read the word LIKE Jon Carew, who quite possibly was the worst striker I have seen this season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would agree but was thinking of somebody of his size etc, but not him. I am sure there will be one become available in the summer with Premier experience but at the moment cant think of a name.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
someone like Kenwyne Jones?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Always Jordan Rhodes, scored a lot at Huddersfield. Would be hard to get him with the Premier League clubs looking at him, he has no higher league experience and whether he will still perform at another club is a risk. Then theres the money.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Given that strikers tend to be far and away the most expensive players on the pitch, I'm not convinced that we'll be able to get in any proven Premiership goalscorers if we go up. I think that's one area where we might have to go with Championship players with the potential to step up, and I'd still put Vokes in that category, so it's a yes from me.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Can't understand the attraction of Brighton and Hove againts the environs of Wolverhampton and district?

Reminds me of the classic Peter Sellers, him dressed up as a cloth capped Londoner.

'People ask me what I prefer, Lundun or the Sarf a France?'

'I looks em in the eye, me a proud cockernee, born in the sound of Bow Bells, a proud proud cockernee

and says

The Sarf a France!'

TNBA

TTF

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A relative of mine who lives in Wolverhamptonm reckons when they get relegated they will take offers for all of their players in order to balance their books. He reckons Vokes would be available at about the £1m mark.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
A relative of mine who lives in Wolverhamptonm reckons when they get relegated they will take offers for all of their players in order to balance their books. He reckons Vokes would be available at about the £1m mark.

I wonder how much Wayne Hennessey would go for. A keeper of his calibre would be essential, in my opinion, if we were to fluke promotion this year.

Also, I would love Elikobi. Not only is he the biggest lump of muscle ever to play football, but he also scored against Man United last season... twice!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I wonder how much Wayne Hennessey would go for. A keeper of his calibre would be essential, in my opinion, if we were to fluke promotion this year.

Also, I would love Elikobi. Not only is he the biggest lump of muscle ever to play football, but he also scored against Man United last season... twice!

He's been their best player this season, not saying much considering they've absolutely stunk the EPL out, but still he's been playing top teams every week who will be sniffing in the summer, I think we'll struggle to get him. Elokobi would be very much within reach but he's a bit of a donkey by all accounts in a team of hoofball, I don't think he'd be Gus's type of player at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here