Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Crawley the first non league team to reach the 5th Round ? (Merged)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
No. Sixth since the end of World War II, if the BBC is to be believed.

Only five other sides from outside the Football League have reached the last 16 of the Cup, and none have made it this far since Kidderminster Harriers in 1994.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No idea but probably the 1st from Sussex? I really don't want to draw them in the next round

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As above, the 6th according to the BBC who listed them. Kidderminster, possibly, was the most recent.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Crawley Town, who take on League Two Torquay United at Plainmoor tomorrow, are one win away from joining a select band of non-League clubs who have reached The FA Cup’s Fifth Round since the war.

Only five have made it through to that last-16 stage: Colchester United (1948), Yeovil Town (1949), Blyth Spartans (1978), Telford United (1985) and Kidderminster Harriers (1994).

Colchester were a Southern League club still two years away from being accepted into the old Division Three (South). The enjoyed four consecutive home wins in the Competition Proper against Banbury Spencer (2-1), Wrexham (1-0), Huddersfield Town (1-0) and Bradford Park Avenue (3-2) to set up a Fifth Round tie at Blackpool. Huddersfield were then in the top division.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
If they get through to the 6th round they will be the first non-league club since the Second World War to do so!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Crawley's squad is easily league one standard, and I'd actually fancy them to beat either Sheffield Wednesday or orient, especially at home.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
They have a goalkeeper call 'Koypers' according to the ITV FA Cup Highlights programme. Never heard of the name but he reminds me of our FDM.
Heard the fellow interviewed on Radio Sussex at the end of the match, believe they must come from the same neck of the woods :thumbsup:

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Last time a none league team in 5th round.

As an ex pat Albion fan from Sussex, I'm staggered at seeing none league Crawley (as well as 2 Sx. teams) in the draw for the last 16, has a none league side ever got this far before.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes - see the other post

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
didnt leatherhead get to the 5th round?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here