[Albion] International call ups

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Who on here are interested in either of England games
Me. I’m English. I support Brighton and England. If we didn’t have the Nations League we’d have pointless friendlies instead. And I want to see how Carsley gets on as it’s interesting from an England fan and Potter POV.

The international calendar is baked in a long time in advance. I’d rather we had a team full of internationals than playing Port Vale or Tranmere.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Me.

I'll be at Wembley on Thursday night cheering on a rejuvenated England that are a pleasure to watch.

Compared with before, they're exciting and play without fear committing players forward to win games by more than a single goal.

Only £25 per ticket for ESTC members. Great value.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
England have 2 games? Is that the men's or the women's England?

(I didn't realise England is playing. My bad?)

Reactions: cjd

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Me.

I'll be at Wembley on Thursday night cheering on a rejuvenated England that are a pleasure to watch.

Compared with before, they're exciting and play without fear committing players forward to win games by more than a single goal.

Only £25 per ticket for ESTC members. Great value.
Is this because we are playing against Shitpeasistan, or the Galapagos Islands?

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Not sure starting a new thread for the current international break is really worth it so here are the call ups I've been able to confirm and the games being played:

Netherlands: Verbruggen and Wieffer (JPVH ruled out through injury)
  • 11 October, 19:45: Hungary v Netherlands
  • 14 October, 19:45: Germany v Netherlands
Ghana: Lamptey (Osman ruled out through injury)
  • 10 October, 17:00: Ghana v Sudan
  • 14 October, 14:00: Sudan v Ghana
Turkey: Kadioglu
  • 11 October, 19:45: Turkey v Montenegro
  • 14 October, 19:45: Iceland v Turkey
Ecuador: Estupinan and Sarmiento
  • 10 October, 22:00: Ecuador v Paraguay (Enciso TBC)
  • 16 October, 00:30: Uruguay v Ecuador
Poland: Moder
  • 12 October, 19:45: Poland v Portugal
  • 15 October, 19:45: Poland v Croatia
Gambia: Minteh
  • 11 October, 15:00: Madagascar v Gambia
  • 14 October, 15:00: Gambia v Madagascar
Cameroon: Baleba
  • 11 October, 17:00: Cameroon v Kenya
  • 14 October, 14:00: Kenya v Cameroon
Japan: Mitoma
  • 10 October, 19:00: Saudi Arabia v Japan
  • 15 October, 11:35: Japan v Australia
Sweden: Ayari
  • 11 October, 19:45: Slovakia v Sweden
  • 14 October, 19:45: Estonia v Sweden
England U21s: Hinshelwood and Beadle
  • 11 October, 19:45: England U21s v Ukraine U21s
  • 15 October, 19:30: England U21s v Azerbaijan U21s
Argentina: Buonanotte
  • 10 October, 22:00: Venezuela v Argentina
  • 16 October, 01:00: Argentina v Bolivia
France U21s: Rutter
  • 11 October, 17:30: Cyprus U21s v France U21s
  • 15 October, 17:30: France U21s v Austria U21s
Ireland: Ferguson
  • 10 October, 19:45: Finland v Ireland
  • 13 October, 19:45: Greece v Ireland
Ireland U21s: Moran, O'Mahony, Cahill
  • 11 October, 19:00: Ireland U21s v Norway U21s
  • 15 October, 17:30: Italy U21s v Ireland U21s
I haven't been able to confirm that Enciso, Sima, and Chouchane have been called up by Paraguay, Senegal, and Tunisia respectively but I reckon it's safe to assume Enciso will feature. Their games would be:

Paraguay: Enciso
  • 10 October, 22:00: Ecuador v Paraguay
  • 16 October, 00:00: Paraguay v Venezuela
Senegal: Sima
  • 11 October, 20:00: Senegal v Malawi
  • 15 October, 14:00: Malawi v Senegal
Tunisia: Chouchane
  • 11 October, 20:00: Tunisia v Comoros
  • 15 October, 20:00: Comoros v Tunisia
The club have put out their own version of this list and it doesn't include Enciso, Sima, or Chouchane.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Me. I’m English. I support Brighton and England. If we didn’t have the Nations League we’d have pointless friendlies instead. And I want to see how Carsley gets on as it’s interesting from an England fan and Potter POV.

The international calendar is baked in a long time in advance. I’d rather we had a team full of internationals than playing Port Vale or Tranmere.
Fair point. If I had read your post first I wouldn't have made the facetious comments above.

Lucky I didn't read your post first.

What?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Is this because we are playing against Shitpeasistan, or the Galapagos Islands?
Greece on Thursday, then Finland away on Sunday. But yes, it might as well be.

Of course, the reason we're playing this quality of opposition is that Southgate failed to win any of his 6 NL games and got England relegated.

Under the previous boss, we'd go a goal up against the Galapagos Islands and then sit back and wait for them to score. Thankfully we've evolved.

Nothing wrong with cheap tickets in football these days. The FA may have many faults, but I'll applaud them for this.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The club have put out their own version of this list and it doesn't include Enciso, Sima, or Chouchane.
As always when it comes to identifying the definitive list of players called up for international duty - the Albion website article is the starting point of that investigation and NOT the final destination.

Albion haven't included all of Tariq Lamptey, Jeremy Sarmiento, Julio Enciso, Facundo Buonanotte, Abdallah Sima and Fardi Kadioglu (who have all been called up this window).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Greece on Thursday, then Finland away on Sunday. But yes, it might as well be.

Of course, the reason we're playing this quality of opposition is that Southgate failed to win any of his 6 NL games and got England relegated.

Under the previous boss, we'd go a goal up against the Galapagos Islands and then sit back and wait for them to score. Thankfully we've evolved.

Nothing wrong with cheap tickets in football these days. The FA may have many faults, but I'll applaud them for this.
Have a great time :thumbsup:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I haven't been able to confirm that Enciso, Sima, and Chouchane have been called up by Paraguay, Senegal, and Tunisia respectively ....
Samy Chouchane has started for Northampton Town tonight in their EFL Trophy group stage fixture at Notts County, so he definitely isn't on international duty this break. It's a HUGE match-up of current and former Albion U-21 players with Jack Hinchy lining up for the Magpies....

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I assume this is Pervis playing Tuesday night Uruguayan time? Hopefully we get him back quickly and in one piece. He's very important for the Newcastle game.
It's very annoying that the South American games are played at times which will make it very difficult for the likes of Pervis and Julio to be ready for 3pm on Saturday. Realistically, they are back at least a day later than the rest of the internationals, leaving very little time to recover.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Not me. Not even interested in either of Sweden games. Don't even know who we're playing.

Wake me up for the World Cup qualifiers.

One international break in September, one in October, one in November. Its a joke.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's very annoying that the South American games are played at times which will make it very difficult for the likes of Pervis and Julio to be ready for 3pm on Saturday. Realistically, they are back at least a day later than the rest of the internationals, leaving very little time to recover.
Probably. But it surely affects opponents Newcastle as ourselves. Joelinton, Bruno G (and Almiron) are more crucial to them than Enciso and Pervis are to us.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I mean they're back Wednesday night And they finish playing Wednesday around 3am. There really should be no excuses !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here