Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inigo Calderon appreciation thread

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
So no one's missing the clod-hopping skills of Andrew Whing then.......?:jester:

Clod-hopping skills that managed to get 73% or so of the votes for player of the year last season. We shouldn't forget Whing just because a slightly better player has come in and then throw our heads up his arse because he's playing well. When Inigo makes a mistake, i expect to see no one on here criticising him but when Whingy made a mistake he was slaughtered. The difference is this whole bloody FLAIR thing. if Whingy had big curly hair, been spanish and not been ginger with a massive chin then we will still be talking about him.Im not being sour because of my blind love and admiration for Whingy but im determined to make sure hes not forgotten. I accept Calderon is better but i wont forget the sight of Whingy sliding in time and time again with another last-ditch tackle. :p

Oct 25, 2003
i don't think anyone should dismiss whing as being shit. he was an extremely useful and hard working player, who helped us stay up last year........have people forgot everyone going MENTAL about him possibly not signing a new contract?

HOWEVER

inigo is quickly becoming my all time favourite player. He's just so CLASSY. I really want him to recommend us to a couple of his spanish mates, so we can get a few of them playing here, cracking out the FLAIRrero rocher's on a regular basis. Perhaps a classy midfield playmaker and a classy yet nails centre back........they can be called the "three amigo's" and there can be loads of pictures of them in MATADOR outfits

to make this dream come true, we need to get calderon a contract ASAP

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
i don't think anyone should dismiss whing as being shit. he was an extremely useful and hard working player, who helped us stay up last year........have people forgot everyone going MENTAL about him possibly not signing a new contract?

This

HOWEVER

inigo is quickly becoming my all time favourite player. He's just so CLASSY. I really want him to recommend us to a couple of his spanish mates, so we can get a few of them playing here, cracking out the FLAIRrero rocher's on a regular basis. Perhaps a classy midfield playmaker and a classy yet nails centre back........they can be called the "three amigo's" and there can be loads of pictures of them in MATADOR outfits

This

to make this dream come true, we need to get calderon a contract ASAP

THIS.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Clod-hopping skills that managed to get 73% or so of the votes for player of the year last season. We shouldn't forget Whing just because a slightly better player has come in and then throw our heads up his arse because he's playing well. When Inigo makes a mistake, i expect to see no one on here criticising him but when Whingy made a mistake he was slaughtered. The difference is this whole bloody FLAIR thing. if Whingy had big curly hair, been spanish and not been ginger with a massive chin then we will still be talking about him.Im not being sour because of my blind love and admiration for Whingy but im determined to make sure hes not forgotten. I accept Calderon is better but i wont forget the sight of Whingy sliding in time and time again with another last-ditch tackle. :p

Good for you mate.

Conclusive proof that there is someone for everyone, out there somewhere.

:love:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Clod-hopping skills that managed to get 73% or so of the votes for player of the year last season.

If that illustrates anything, it illustrates how shithouse we were last year. Is it any wonder that we almost went down when Whing (albeit deservedly) wins Player of the Year? The improvement since almost 1 year ago to the day is hard to believe.

Calderon is undoubtably my favourite player in years. I can't ever think of a better unattached player who has ever signed for us.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
As for the goal against charlton, it did take a deflection peeps, but that doesnt detract from him or this thread cos he has been soooo consistent, a trait that is so sadly lacking in too many league 1 players, yes flair and all that but nothing much gets passed him either and hope he signs in the summer, fairly sure he will.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Saturday 1st May 2010

NATIONAL INIGO CALDERON DAY

Make. It. Happen

it will be like the Spanish armarda invading Milton Keynes

Its the day after REMF innit. You're not going to get a lot of sleep that night. Buddies at say 3.00am. Train to MK at 8....

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Cult Zeros only made my dream come true

Football T-shirts, Custom-made Football Shirts made-to-order at affordable prices - cultzeros

Red, with a yellow face and the word LEYENDA under his beautiful face :bowdown:

That site is brilliant!

Sorry to steal your thunder, but I may just have to get something along the Calderon route as well, it'll sit nicely in my wardrobe with the Mwepu Ilunga t-shirt.

Not too sure about some of the other Albion "Cult Heroes" on there though.
Darren Carr? Zeke Rowe? Georges Santos? Really?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Fast becoming my favourite player. It beggars belief how he could have been unemployed when we picked him up.

Far too often in the past I've been wooed by signings with a "known" reputation and notable club history (Kitson, Savage and Dodd for instance) but I gloss over those who've been picked up from non-league, on free transfers having previously been available for some time or from unfashionable clubs.

HOWEVER Calderon proves this is a dud way of thinking. If Bobby Zamora was a STEAL at £100k, Gary Hart was IMMENSE value at £7k (and a set of shirts) and the sadly departed Nicky Forster a BARGAIN at £75k then I think Calderon might just be the best freebie we've picked up for as long as I can remember.

As has been suggested many a time from all corners, his is the FIRST contract the club should be sorting out for next season.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
I have longed for the day that we would sign another entertaining back like Jimmy Langley,we have him now INIGO CALDERON.
=============

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Saturday 1st May 2010

NATIONAL INIGO CALDERON DAY

Make. It. Happen

it will be like the Spanish armarda invading Milton Keynes

What about trying to get Wardy to come to MK Dons with us, as he will be here anyway? What do you think? The crowd would go MENTAL.

Also, LOVING the idea of going dressed as Calderon. You still thinking of staying up right through?

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
i don't think poyet let calde gazump him for nothing... allegedly

pure albion LEGEND IN MAKING, laughing cavalier, flair wizard, beard and long hair flowing... inigo calderon

note: song idea - (you'll never) do ron ron ron, inigo CALDERON
plus verses in line with original wot i can't be bovvered sorting right now

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
What about trying to get Wardy to come to MK Dons with us, as he will be here anyway? What do you think? The crowd would go MENTAL.

Also, LOVING the idea of going dressed as Calderon. You still thinking of staying up right through?

I could drop him a text to ask. I could stay up all night but it would involve going to MK in a suit rather than dressed as "Calde"

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I really liked TSLRs use of D-I-S-C-O

Then someone came up with:
He is

I..... Irreplaceable, he is....
N.....Not from Portugal

I can't remember the rest.

BTW, dodgy Alaves shirt now ordered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here