Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inigo Calderon appreciation thread

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I know precious little about management or indeed anything else but in any team or even any work organisation, I reckon it's not a bad way to work who's crap or not by imagining losing one person and working out how things would look without them. And by that methodology, Inigo Calderon is I reckon absolutely THE most important and massive presence in that side I reckon.

The guy is bloody everywhere, strong, skillful and turning into a linchpin of the team at the moment and has a terrific character on the field, something we've sorely missed. I think he's bloody brilliant.

Murray is in sh1t-hot form at the moment as a wonderfully confident goal on Saturday showed...but nuestra Inigo...muy bueno.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Totally agree with this. We need to sign him long term. He is fantastico.

Aside from his defending he had a great run, cut in and shot on Saturday. In recent years we've not had strikers who do this sort of thing let alone a full-back.

My only criticism of him is that little beard thing he has going on.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
not really had a favourite player for a few years. but inigo is definitely that now. bombs forward, interceptions, great tackles, white boots, beard, called inigo CALDERON. is re class sign him up on a 3 year deal ASAP.:drool:

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Best feature of his play IMHO is his positional sense. He is rarely or never out of position. I've lost count of the important cut outs he makes. He's not the quickest, but still wins more than his share of one-on-ones because he knows not to jump in or to stand too far off...

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Leyanda! Already.
Who saw that back heel in front of the South on Saturday?
I love him. NO, i love him!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Leyanda! Already.
Who saw that back heel in front of the South on Saturday?
I love him. NO, i love him!

Talking of which, how many back heels did the team do on Saturday in total? At LEAST 4-5. Pure flair.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
If he signs I think I may have to buy a Spain shirt with Calderon on the back or get a flag to hang in the south stand :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here