Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Immigrants must wait for "years" before entitlement to public housing...

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Those seeking asylum here should be interned in facilities, 3 hots and a cot and that's their lot. If they are telling truth about how grim life is back in their homeland they'll appreciate any protection we offer. They've got 1 month to prove their case or they can feck off. I'm a lefty tosser in most things but it really is time we got our natives sorted out. Children in UK in the 21st century cannot afford food or housing. **** the immigrants for now, get our kids a bloody bed and get them fed.

I predict a riot.

Besides there's an army of human rights lawyers, bleeding hearts and activists waiting to descend on parliament when a government tries anything like this.

At least 10 pages btw.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Refugee facts and figures | British Red Cross

How many of the world’s displaced come to the UK?

People seeking asylum worldwide in 2009: 923,400
Asylum applications in the UK in 2009: 24,485

How much of total immigration do asylum seekers account for in the UK?

Total long-term immigration to the UK in 2010: 572,000
Asylum applications in the UK in 2010: 17,790

How many asylum seekers are allowed to stay in the UK?

Total asylum applications to the UK in 2010: 17,790
Total granted refugee status in 2010: 3,480

Asylum seekers and refugees make up such a small percentage of UK immigration. I can't help but wonder why they get much bile and hatred thrown at them.

Dandyman

In London village.
Those seeking asylum here should be interned in facilities, 3 hots and a cot and that's their lot. If they are telling truth about how grim life is back in their homeland they'll appreciate any protection we offer. They've got 1 month to prove their case or they can feck off. I'm a lefty tosser in most things but it really is time we got our natives sorted out. Children in UK in the 21st century cannot afford food or housing. **** the immigrants for now, get our kids a bloody bed and get them fed.

Immigrants and those seeking refugee status are two different groups of people.

Dandyman

In London village.

Asylum seekers and refugees make up such a small percentage of UK immigration. I can't help but wonder why they get much bile and hatred thrown at them.

Because it suits those who control a significant part of our media to direct anger at the most vulnerable in society rather than have people question the system or people actually responsible for the state of the country.

Jan 30, 2008

don't care about percentages , if they don't belong here they don't come in . this country's been a soft touch and it's about time we put our foot down and tightened up our borders, getting out of the EU is a step in the right direction if you ask me, anyway why are you bothered pom ???
regards
DR

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Because it suits those who control a significant part of our media to direct anger at the most vulnerable in society rather than have people question the system or people actually responsible for the state of the country.

It astounds me that people fall for this time and time again.

Dandyman

In London village.
don't care about percentages , if they don't belong here they don't come in . this country's been a soft touch and it's about time we put our foot down and tightened up our borders, getting out of the EU is a step in the right direction if you ask me, anyway why are you bothered pom ???
regards
DR

Under the 1951 Convention refugees have every right to seek asylum here.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Are there problems linked with immigration? Yes.

Has it hit some trades and areas more than most? Yes.

Has the impact of it been blown up by some to cover up shortcomings in their lives or policies? Yes.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
regards
DR

If only we could find you a time machine, eh?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

because terms and labels are mis-applied, and support for asylum seekers is used as cover to allow or excuse many others. as we see here in this thread, the arguments around immigrants becomes about asylum seekers, when they are not the same.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
because terms and labels are mis-applied, and support for asylum seekers is used as cover to allow or excuse many others. as we see here in this thread, the arguments around immigrants becomes about asylum seekers, when they are not the same.

Yep, but it is much easier to bodyswerve the "Immigrants must wait for "years" before entitlement to public housing..." by changing it to the asylum seekers.....which as you rightly stated is not the same.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Ringfence Croydon and stick um all there, they couldn't mess it up anymore.....

Have you been to Croydon, they bloody are already all there. When I used to work in Purley way they were queuing up around the block at the immigration centre.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Surely asylum seekers are supposed to go to the safest nearest country to them or am i wrong?

I don't think that's quite right but I think they're supposed to claim asylum in the 1st safe country they arrive in which may not necessarily be the nearest.

Would anyone really deny assistance to genuine asylum seekers?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I don't think that's quite right but I think they're supposed to claim asylum in the 1st safe country they arrive in which may not necessarily be the nearest.

Would anyone really deny assistance to genuine asylum seekers?

Of course you would, it is how genuine their case might be, the length of time or the likely disappearance of them if they are not deemed worthy of asylum here.

Mass illegal immigration and non deportation of failed asylum seekers creates an negative environment for those legitimately living here, it needs to be addressed.

Dont muddle compassion with turning a blind eye to the failings of these policies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here