Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm sorry Barnes.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Played ok tonight but didn't stand out any more than anyone else (everyone had a good game). I give the guy stick if he plays badly, I praise the guy when he plays well. Seems fair to me.

Well if you thought he played "ok" this evening, I suggest you go to Specsavers pronto then. Or go & 'support' Barcelona.

Bhafc11

Nov 24, 2011
now im not one of barnes biggest fans, infact i've been wishing gus would drop him since.................. Well most of the season i guess.
But today i tried watching him in a different way than i have been all season & i can now see what 'other' things he brings to the team, like people have been saying for along time, today he had a bilinder thats even without the goal he scored.
So yh i will no longer be moaning about him, unless he has a really really bad game!!!

Next person on my list is navarro.

hallelujah

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wonder if some of the Vicente haters will be so bold and humble as you?
You must remember that Vicente has done our club a great disservice by coming here and being injured and some other bollox etc.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Barnsey...you did good....hopefully all your detracters will now acknowledge that Gus knows when a player is putting in a good shift...it seems when a player makes mistakes....and what player has'nt...somebody comes on here and slags them off ,then you get people jumping on the bandwagon... TBH I cannot think of another team of supporters that belittles their TOP scorer...get real,get behind the Lads and get to the play-offs...Well done every player tonight.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
The amount of times I caught myself shouting, well done Barnes etc. was amazing. Plays a very important role in the side and great to see him getting some recognition now. Very well taken goal.

He was great last night. To be honest I still think there have been a few games where I thought he's been poor and played out of position.
Last season he was still learning a lot and got 20 odd goals, that is an amazing achievement. But this year to hold his own in the Championship and probably end up as our top scorer is awesome. I bet even he didn't expect that. Well done to the lad

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Two things:

1) Good on you for being big enough to admit a change of opinion;
2) Generally, I'm shocked that people are only now starting to realise that Barnes is still developing as a player. Most of the criticism seems to ignore that he's only 22 and only finding his feet in this division... It strikes me odd that some people don't appreciate that at 22 he's not the finished article, just our top scorer.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
For anybody in any doubt about Barnes, just look at what he's doing just before he scores the second goal. He's in the box and his movement to make space/get away from defenders is first class.

The thing is, he does that every match.

His defending is also improving significantly. early this season, people were bemoaning what we'd lost when Murray went in terms of defensive work. Barnes, has learnt very quickly and is now performing those duties well too.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I thought Barnes was outstanding last night. Movement, control, got behind the ball to defend and obviously scored.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If we do actually go up again, Barnes will be a Premiership player. I can't imagine for one minute we won't have 8 million threads from the anti Barnes brigade telling us "he's not a Premiership player". Even if he has scored 8 and we are seventh at Christmas.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The way he got his body position right in such a short time was really impressive. I think he reads the game well, you have to in order to keep up with Vincente.

Barnes is only 23 or so, I reckon he has Premiership quality.

TNBA

TTF

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Barnes has been great.

There have been many times when I wish Barnes wasn't our most played forward player, for several reasons.

However, he has been outstanding recently and without him I feel we wouldn't fourth without his football genius.

The way he has turned many of the fans around reminds of a past BHA player.
Keep it up and he will also become a cult figure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here