Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you had to choose...

Who do you dislike more?

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
..which of the two Hampshire bumkpins do you dislike more? Southampton or Portsmouth?

For me it has always been Portsmouth. I HATE them.

(Lets see if we can get through this thread without mentioning the Nigels who will OBVIOUSLY always be our main rivals)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Never liked portsmouth, shit club and their fans are all wierd. Never seen a normal looking one yet.

Didn't care about southampton until we played them, still don't that much, their manager is a dickhead and some of their fans are really thick, but that's about the extent of my feeling.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Portsmouth, their fans tend to be the biggest arses, where as ive found Southampton fans are decent.

That and Southampton havent been in administration 3 times in a short period and continued to spend loads on players.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Both, next futile poll please

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Both, next futile poll please

All please note I have received an infraction for this comment !

I feel very pleased as a first however I suspect some one has it infamy

Used to be more Portsmouth, but then again we didn't get to play Southampton as much. But recently some Southampton fans appear to feel they have a god given right to win the league and take their place in the Premiership, so now it's both.

(and look I know it's only some, in the same way there are some Man U fans who don't automatically think they're going to win the league every season, but this is football and without a bit of banter...)

(oh and I don't mind Adkins by the way, although he did make some really twattish comment following the game at the weekend)

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Not too bothered by either, but voted Pompey as Saints had the decency to pay off their creditors in full after their administration

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Its not Stains I dislike as a club. Its Adkins and Pardew before him.

Whereas Pompey have always been a shitty club in a shitty place that no one ever enjoyed going to.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I think it has to be Pompey for me too. Saints have a chip on their shoulders, but a lot Pompey fans are just animals. I only really dislike Southampton because of Nadkins.

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I feel very pleased as a first however I suspect some one has it infamy

Surely you must have got one for your 3 week long boring rant about how the club should have personally knocked on your door and handed you West Ham tickets for free?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Surely you must have got one for your 3 week long boring rant about how the club should have personally knocked on your door and handed you West Ham tickets for free?

Don't be stupid everyone knew I was right all along

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Always disliked Pompey more than Saints. Something about them being stuck in a 19th century time warp but now with a deficit the size of the Greek economy. No one in footie takes their recent FA Cup seriously as it was bought on the back of financial corruption. I hope they savour the years in the Blue Square wilderness while Saints shift their Hampshire rivalry to Aldershot.

Apart from a brief period in the late 70's I had no hard feelings against Saints until the Pardew/Adkins era and their 'we're too big a Club to be in the third tier' attitude. Used to regard them as underdogs competing against the big boys when they were at The Dell.

Must be a Hampshire thing but nowadays they both act like cocks. They deserve each other. It will be fun to watch their fans sniping at each other even more intensely as their fates diverge.

p.s. I don't dislike Sadhampton at all.

Recent rivalry has been a strained effort at ramping up some spite that was never ever there before, Adkins is a plonker sometimes but has MANAGED (emphasis on the word as it's what he is paid to do) to get a lot out of those players and handled the loss of Oxlade Chamberlain in the process. He has not done or said much that I could say is controversial or that I really would not want Gus to say. They've survived the death of their owner, who set them on their present course.

Nigel Adkins, he's not a pratt-kins :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With the uselessness of the modern Palace, we need to win a playoff final against Southampton..on penalties, to forge an additional rivalry just in case we leave the Croydon scummers behind in the next couple of seasons.

Saints will be needing a new local rival once Pompey slide out of the league.

I actually have an intense dislike of Pompey and the Saints though.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
havant and waterlooville, I hate them......AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here